Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Caps Blog-Off (Round 1)

• Locked Goal This goal is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Caps Blog-Off (Round 1) (47 fans have cast votes)

Choose your 7 favorite Capital blogs

1. Japers Rink (34 votes [18.89%])

Percentage of vote: 18.89%

2. The Peerless Prognasticator (26 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

3. Bleatings From A Caps Nut (6 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

4. Love The Game, Don't Like Pick Bunnies (4 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

5. Off Wing Opinion (6 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. On Frozen Blog (22 votes [12.22%])

Percentage of vote: 12.22%

7. Alexander Ovetjkin (16 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

8. Capitals Outsider (13 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

9. Caps In Pictures (14 votes [7.78%])

Percentage of vote: 7.78%

10. Musings Of A Hockey Mom (9 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

11. Pass Shoot Score (2 votes [1.11%])

Percentage of vote: 1.11%

12. Puckhead's Thoughts (11 votes [6.11%])

Percentage of vote: 6.11%

13. Simply Sensational (10 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

14. Tic Tac Toe Hockey (7 votes [3.89%])

Percentage of vote: 3.89%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,695 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:04 AM

Please select 7 of the following blogs that you would like to see make the next round in our Blog-Off Tournament...

Japers Rink
The Peerless Prognasticator
Bleatings From A Caps Nut
Love The Game, Don't Like Puck Bunnies
Off Wing Opinion
On Frozen Blog
Alexander Ovetjkin
Capitals Outsider
Caps In Pictures
Musings Of A Hockey Mom
Pass Shoot Score
Puckhead's Thoughts
Simply Sensational
Tic Tac Toe Hockey

For every member that takes the time to click these links, check these blogs out, vote in the poll and impress me with a critique on any one blog mentioned, I will be giving out Jersey Awards throughout the contest.

So let's hear what you have to say... and let's please try our best to be constructive with our words.

(This tourney encourages fans of all teams to participate and not just fans of the team in question.)

#2 Guest_Capital2890_*

Guest_Capital2890_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:47 AM

Ok, so I voted and here is why I picked what I picked.

Japers Rink: I have always liked these guys the most as they are not only based with a Sports nation and Yahoo blog but they let the fans decide what they want to write about and how they should write it. You can always count a post by these guys before AND after a game.

The Peerless Prognasticator: This blog is very detailed in what they say. Not always my 1st read but I will read it if I want to get a third (second is coming) opinion on what is going on with the team. I also like the fact that they do a photo of the day to lighten the mood and really know how to speak their minds about the game.

On Frozen Blog: This one is my second read for the team and sometimes maybe even a first. I have always enjoyed what they post here. Yes, its all serious but when they post images and news stories to talk about what happened in a game or something else, its like you are right there in DC as it happens.

Capitals insider: Here in this blog, I not only like what they talk about, but about the stuff that they do bring up. Take the 26th for an example; they brought up how the promotions have changed throughout the years. Yes, their game coverage is a bit off and don't usually keep up to date but hey, as long as they post something about the game, that works by me.

Caps in Pictures: Name says it all. This is a good way to get a look behind the scenes and see what is really going on with the team. I wish more blogs were like this. Not just in the NHL but all major sports.

Musings of a Hockey Mom: Not really a blog I keep up with but it is worth reading time to time. I like what this person says and how she says it. She gives descriptions of what happened during the game like if you were there watching it with her there in the press box. Very good blog! Might move this up on my listing of what I want to read when it comes to blogs.

Simply Sensational: This blog I just discovered recently and still wondering if it will be one I will read on a game basis. This blog I like because it either does facts about the game or the winners and losers from that game. Overall, a good read if you want to hear different things about a game.

Now, time for bed as I wrote this at quarter until two am. :yawn:

EDIT: I see now I was supposed to only write about one. Whoops. I did all seven just because I thought it would be better if I did. Oh well. :pinch:

This point has been edited by Capital2890: 28 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

#3 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,695 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

There's nothing saying that you can't write about multiple blogs. 1 blog was just a minimum requirement.

#4 OFFLINE   Bean

Bean

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Well, I only voted for 6, because of the other choices, I either don't visit that site, or looked and didn't really care for what I saw.

Of the ones I did choose, Japers is the cream of the crop. Pretty much has everything you could ask for. Up to date content and well thought out writing.

Peerless is another one of the best. If it's humor and insight you want, then this is the place to go. I've know "The Peerless" for years. He used to post much of this on the old official Caps boards before taking it to the blogs.

#5 Guest_Capital2890_*

Guest_Capital2890_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

There's nothing saying that you can't write about multiple blogs. 1 blog was just a minimum requirement.

Good. Now I don't feel bad/embarrassed now. ;)

#6 Guest_Whiter Mage_*

Guest_Whiter Mage_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

I post regularly at Japers' Rink, and easily, it's the only site I look at daily.

The news breaks there faster than most of the local news outlets, and the staff is top notch. JP and DMG are stats junkies, and Pepper and Becca H (AKA Caps Chick) are really good from a motivational stand point.

The blog roster from top to bottom is a friendly experience, and the breakdowns you get from contributors not on the staff are amazing at times. Being a part of the SBNation blogroll doesn't hurt at all either.

My only complaint about this poll is the lack of Capitals Spirit, which is a very interesting alternative look at the team. The guy does some pretty cool stuff, and for the most part he goes unnoticed, which is a shame.

#7 Guest_natty bumppo_*

Guest_natty bumppo_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

i was waiting for the comments here to automatically load with threaded replies....

....and then i remembered i wasn't at japers' rink.

#8 Guest_exwhaler_*

Guest_exwhaler_*

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Only voted for two--Peerless and Japers. I've had some issues with Japers recently, but they still are a good source for story links and some good writing. Recently, they added CapsChick from A View from the Cheap Seats, which was one of the more entertaining Caps blogs out there.

Peerless, however, is exactly that. Fjc still does it all by himself, and his analysis is usually spot-on. His Ten-in-Ten reviews are excellent breakdowns of both players and team and their performance.

I really don't ready any others. I would have suggested Capitals Kremlin for this blog-off, but it's gone quiet since the first game of the season.

#9 Guest_Capital2890_*

Guest_Capital2890_*

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Looks like Japers has a good lead. Then again, I'm not that surprised.

#10 Guest_exwhaler_*

Guest_exwhaler_*

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Looks like Japers has a good lead. Then again, I'm not that surprised.

Japers let his readers know about the poll over the weekend. Peerless just let them know today. Which is why that lead has suddenly gotten smaller. :teehee:

#11 Guest_Capital2890_*

Guest_Capital2890_*

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

Japers let his readers know about the poll over the weekend. Peerless just let them know today. Which is why that lead has suddenly gotten smaller. :bonk[1]:

Yeah, I saw that earlier in the day. This will be interesting now to see how this will end. :teehee:

#12 Guest_Krafty_*

Guest_Krafty_*

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

As the author - I'm quite partial to RockTheRed.net, any reason we weren't included? Like Rodney Dangerfield... no respect.

That being said, I threw my vote to Japers' - always a good read!

#13 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,695 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

As the author - I'm quite partial to RockTheRed.net, any reason we weren't included? Like Rodney Dangerfield... no respect.

That being said, I threw my vote to Japers' - always a good read!

I tried my best to get everyone I could find... but I obviously missed out on a few.

No worries, I will be updating all of my sidebar links to reflect this poll and the bloggers we meet throughout. And next year we'll know to add you in.

#14 Guest_Capital2890_*

Guest_Capital2890_*

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

When does round 1 end?

#15 Guest_Caps In Pictures_*

Guest_Caps In Pictures_*

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Only voted for two--Peerless and Japers. I've had some issues with Japers recently, but they still are a good source for story links and some good writing. Recently, they added CapsChick from A View from the Cheap Seats, which was one of the more entertaining Caps blogs out there.

Peerless, however, is exactly that. Fjc still does it all by himself, and his analysis is usually spot-on. His Ten-in-Ten reviews are excellent breakdowns of both players and team and their performance.

I really don't ready any others. I would have suggested Capitals Kremlin for this blog-off, but it's gone quiet since the first game of the season.

I'm good enough to use one of my pictures as your avatar but not to vote for? :grin: :P

#16 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,304 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:53

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

We still love you though!!!!!!! :teehee:

#17 Guest_Krafty_*

Guest_Krafty_*

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

I tried my best to get everyone I could find... but I obviously missed out on a few.

No worries, I will be updating all of my sidebar links to reflect this poll and the bloggers we meet throughout. And next year we'll know to add you in.

That'd be much appreciated. And in the meantime, be sure to check out http://RockTheRed.net and let us know your thoughts, ideas, comments, suggestions, and the like.

#18 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,695 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

If you haven't voted yet, now is the time to do so.

We begin round 2 tomorrow.