Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hawks Blog-Off (Round 1)

• Locked Goal This goal is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawks Blog-Off (Round 1) (47 fans have cast votes)

Choose your 7 favorite Hawk blogs

1. Blackhawk Up (16 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. Second City Hockey (14 votes [12.07%])

Percentage of vote: 12.07%

3. Paint It Blackhawks (11 votes [9.48%])

Percentage of vote: 9.48%

4. Chicago Blackhawks Blog (4 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

5. Committed Indians (5 votes [4.31%])

Percentage of vote: 4.31%

6. Hockee Night (7 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

7. The Fifth Feather (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

8. Blackhawks Buzz (4 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

9. Commit 2 The Indian (6 votes [5.17%])

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

10. Indian Head Nation (5 votes [4.31%])

Percentage of vote: 4.31%

11. Red Rising (21 votes [18.10%])

Percentage of vote: 18.10%

12. Windy City Hockey (9 votes [7.76%])

Percentage of vote: 7.76%

13. The Third Man In (6 votes [5.17%])

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,694 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Please select 7 of the following blogs that you would like to see make the next round in our Blog-Off Tournament...

Blackhawk Up
Second City Hockey
Paint It Blackhawks
Chicago Blackhawks Blog
Committed Indians
Hockee Night
The Fifth Feather
Blackhawks Buzz
Commit 2 The Indian
Indian Head Nation
Red Rising
Windy City Hockey
The Third Man In

For every member that takes the time to click these links, check these blogs out, vote in the poll and impress me with a critique on any one blog mentioned, I will be giving out Jersey Awards throughout the contest.

So let's hear what you have to say... and let's please try our best to be constructive with our words.

(This tourney encourages fans of all teams to participate and not just fans of the team in question.)

#2 OFFLINE   okeeffe4

okeeffe4

Goon

• Fan
  • PipPip
  • 383 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:17
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:09 AM

My reasons for voting for these 7 was that they each seem to be true fans just talking Hawks like we would at the pub as opposed to having too much *flash* to the page. Just good fans.

#3 Guest_Jim Neveau_*

Guest_Jim Neveau_*

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:06 AM

Might as well be honest here and say that I write for "Paint it Blackhawks", and it's an honor to be represented on this list with so many other great blogs.

With that being said, I'm going to give my reasons why I voted for a couple of the other blogs here:

"2nd City Hockey" has been a go-to destination for me for a while. I feel like they have a good mix of intellect, fandom, and objectivity to their writing. They don't take themselves too seriously, but they don't go overboard into the all too common blog trap of "make fun of everything".

"Fifth Feather" is an outstanding blog as well. It mixes game recaps with incisive commentary, and their knowledge of the ins-and-outs of the NHL is impeccable. Their explanation of "tagging" and its salary cap ramifications really helped clear up a complicated issue.

#4 Guest_stlcardinalfan23_*

Guest_stlcardinalfan23_*

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:16 AM

I've been extremely impressed with Paint it Blackhawks especially since it is still very, very young. One thing is certain, whether it wins this poll or not, it has a very bright future ahead.

#5 Guest_satirious_*

Guest_satirious_*

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Blackhawk Up - A Hawks blog that starts with a Sharp for Kovy trade proposal can't really be taken seriously. Stay off the pipe dude.

Second City Hockey - Not a cliff jumping Dooms Day blog nor is he serving the McDLT special. Not too bad with this one.

Paint It Blackhawks- Another homer spouting only the selective facts that make the McDLT special look good. No thanks, I don't really care for lemmings.

Chicago Blackhawks Blog - This isn't a blog. Its an article redirect.

Committed Indians - I don't even think this person actually watches the games. Primary Example: From their bit on the Hawks - CBJ game...

The Blackhawks admittedly didnt have their legs in the first period as they were outshot by the Blue Jackets 10-5, but held the advantage on the scoreboard after an incredible short handed goal from Kris Versteeg.

Anyone who watched this game knows that first period was anything but slow for the Hawks.

Hockee Night - These guys are a total joke that have been run off of almost every self respecting Hawks message board there is.

The Fifth Feather- This one I really like. Its even balanced in what they put out there and they do a top notch job of adding good info on how the prospects are coming along.

Blackhawks Buzz - Not even worth wasting the space to list all the things wrong with this one.

Commit 2 The Indian - Hasn't been updates sine the first leg of the circus trip. Locking down the big 3, schooling SJ and wake up calls by the quackers and the Kings weren't important enough I guess.

Indian Head Nation - This is more of a community/message board than it is an actual blog. A lot of re-posting of AP articles and press releases. What little does seem to be their content is out dated.

Red Rising - Lemming dribble and regurgitated rumors. We have the Trib for that already.

Windy City Hockey - Not really enough there to even speak of.

The Third Man In- Some of the stuff this guy puts out there makes me want to poke my eyes out with rusty spoons. That is before I even looked at their forum.

just my 20 cents on the list

#6 Guest_CommittedIndians_*

Guest_CommittedIndians_*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

Blackhawk Up - A Hawks blog that starts with a Sharp for Kovy trade proposal can't really be taken seriously. Stay off the pipe dude.

Second City Hockey - Not a cliff jumping Dooms Day blog nor is he serving the McDLT special. Not too bad with this one.

Paint It Blackhawks- Another homer spouting only the selective facts that make the McDLT special look good. No thanks, I don't really care for lemmings.

Chicago Blackhawks Blog - This isn't a blog. Its an article redirect.

Committed Indians - I don't even think this person actually watches the games. Primary Example: From their bit on the Hawks - CBJ game...

Anyone who watched this game knows that first period was anything but slow for the Hawks.

Hockee Night - These guys are a total joke that have been run off of almost every self respecting Hawks message board there is.

The Fifth Feather- This one I really like. Its even balanced in what they put out there and they do a top notch job of adding good info on how the prospects are coming along.

Blackhawks Buzz - Not even worth wasting the space to list all the things wrong with this one.

Commit 2 The Indian - Hasn't been updates sine the first leg of the circus trip. Locking down the big 3, schooling SJ and wake up calls by the quackers and the Kings weren't important enough I guess.

Indian Head Nation - This is more of a community/message board than it is an actual blog. A lot of re-posting of AP articles and press releases. What little does seem to be their content is out dated.

Red Rising - Lemming dribble and regurgitated rumors. We have the Trib for that already.

Windy City Hockey - Not really enough there to even speak of.

The Third Man In- Some of the stuff this guy puts out there makes me want to poke my eyes out with rusty spoons. That is before I even looked at their forum.

just my 20 cents on the list

Give your 20 cents to Kaner - I am CommittedIndians.com and not only do I watch every game, but I'm a season ticket holder. I've been cited on ESPN.com, had a number of articles featured on NHL.com this season, and regularly have work on CBSSports.com as well.

If you watched the first period against Columbus, the Hawks were ridiculously slow coming out of the gate; in fact, that was one of the questions Eddie O asked Hjalmarsson between the first and second periods. So if you'd like to criticize the design or writing, that's fine. But don't make a comment about whether or not I watched the game. That's ridiculous.

#7 Guest_satirious_*

Guest_satirious_*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

Give your 20 cents to Kaner - I am CommittedIndians.com and not only do I watch every game, but I'm a season ticket holder. I've been cited on ESPN.com, had a number of articles featured on NHL.com this season, and regularly have work on CBSSports.com as well.

If you watched the first period against Columbus, the Hawks were ridiculously slow coming out of the gate; in fact, that was one of the questions Eddie O asked Hjalmarsson between the first and second periods. So if you'd like to criticize the design or writing, that's fine. But don't make a comment about whether or not I watched the game. That's ridiculous.

That game was on VS. not on Comcast with Pat and Eddie. The frist intermission interview was Nash, not Hammer. But nice try anyway.

ESPN and CBS are a joke that barely remembers what NHL stands for.

I wont even bother to ask why a supposed season ticket holder would spend all that money and sit at home to watch the pathetic coverage given by VS. rather than actually be at the game.

#8 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,694 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

If you haven't voted yet, now is the time to do so.

We begin round 2 tomorrow.