Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ducks Blog-Off (Round 1)

• Locked Goal This goal is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Ducks Blog-Off (Round 1) (37 fans have cast votes)

Choose your 6 favorite Ducks blogs

1. Earl Sleek (14 votes [14.74%])

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

2. Ducks And Pucks (10 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. And He Shoots... He Scores!!! (8 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

4. Out Of The Pond (3 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

5. Torosviews (3 votes [3.16%])

Percentage of vote: 3.16%

6. Anaheim Calling (13 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

7. Ducks Fan Zone (11 votes [11.58%])

Percentage of vote: 11.58%

8. Ducks In The Crease (7 votes [7.37%])

Percentage of vote: 7.37%

9. On The Pond (6 votes [6.32%])

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

10. Quackalackin' (5 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

11. Ducks Nation (2 votes [2.11%])

Percentage of vote: 2.11%

12. Andy Elvstrand (13 votes [13.68%])

Percentage of vote: 13.68%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,697 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Please select 6 of the following blogs that you would like to see make the next round in our Blog-Off Tournament...

Earl Sleek at Battle of California
SK's Blog at Ducks and Pucks
And he shoots...he scores!!!
Out Of The Pond
Torosviews
Anaheim Calling
Ducks Fan Zone
Ducks in the Crease
On The Pond
Quackalackin'
Ducks Nation
Andy Elvstrand

For every member that takes the time to click these links, check these blogs out, vote in the poll and impress me with a critique on any one blog mentioned, I will be giving out Jersey Awards throughout the contest.

So let's hear what you have to say... and let's please try our best to be constructive with our words.

(This tourney encourages fans of all teams to participate and not just fans of the team in question.)

#2 Guest_tohon_*

Guest_tohon_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

I have known of earl at the BOC for some time. I like that site because not only do I get info about my team, I also get to read about the other sides of the rivalry. I enjoy the commentary and certainly the state rape graphics created after the California teams sweep those of another state.

#3 Guest_NiederDuck_*

Guest_NiederDuck_*

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

Anaheim Ducks Fan Zone has always been there for the good and the bad. Gives a good game preview and then following the game always has an opinion/personal write-up as well as select quotes from players. Also, love the newly added photo of the game -- nice to see!

#4 Guest_Sammy_is_God_*

Guest_Sammy_is_God_*

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:37 AM

Battle of California, Ducks Fan Zone, Anaheim Calling and Andy Elvstrand are the most active, so they get a vote from me. Ducks Fan Zone probably has the best game reviews. Elvstrand I know from HFboards. While his blog is new and hasn't built up a reputation yet, I like how he posts up links to online streams (and how he sometimes even shows streams directly in his blog) and that you’re able to find the opponents lines and injuries before games. I don’t really hang out on either though, but when I can’t see the games on TV, it’s nice being able to find all the streams in one place. Thought I should sign up and cast a vote for him, along with the other three I mentioned.

This point has been edited by Sammy_is_God: 29 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

#5 Guest_tu madre_*

Guest_tu madre_*

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

BoC (earl sleek) is the place for great info with all the aspects of too much seriousness set aside. It is a group of 3+ teams that all get along and all love hockey. Go cali hockey!!!!!!!!

Anaheim Calling is very informative and is a great new addition to SBC. Duck and Pucks is my friend SK's blog and is a great one, check it out. Ducks Fan Zone has great pre and post game info, not to mention a cute blonde girl runs the site!!!!!!

go ducks!!!!!!!!!

#6 Guest_Sammy_is_God_*

Guest_Sammy_is_God_*

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

Saw a guy on the Isles board do something similar to this.

Battle of California TOP 5
Look: Professional look, but still quite simple. Not any Ducks colors, but that's obviously because it's not only a Ducks blog.

Activity: The activite is high and the reporters seems good. But from a Ducks fan's perspective, it might be a little too much considering that the blog includes other teams.

Ducks and Pucks
Look: Ducks colors is a plus. But he could take more advantage of that right bar.

Activity: Seems to be up and down. But still ok.

And He Shoots... He Scores!
Look: Nice colors and simple look. It has a lot of pictures, which I would assume he owns the rights to as the pics seems to be taken from the stance. The righte side bar could be used better here as well.

Activity: Up and down here as well. But still ok.

Out of the Pond
Look: Not sure what to think here. The main text area is half invisible, which looks cool in a way but tends to get annoying.

Activity: Not too good lately, which he seems to be aware of.

Torosviews TOP 5
Look: The side bar doesn't look too good. But the main area is nice and simple with some pictures in it.

Activity: It seems pretty active.

Anaheim Calling TOP 5
Look: As for designs, this is my favorite. Great colors and some pictures. Professional look overall.

Activity: Very active with news of many different kinds.

Ducks Fan Zone TOP 5
Look: Simple look and nice colors and an ok side bar too. Music is nice, but I don't like when it starts per automatic when you load the page.

Activity: Great activity. But could use more news around the team. But as for previews and rewievs, this is a nice blog.

Ducks in the Crease
Look: The text is easy to look at, but the side bar is boring and if it wasn't for the pictures it would be too much white.

Activity: Good activity. Only problem is, it mainly covers the Ducks goalies.

On the Pond
Look: Pretty much no sidebar whatsoever. Only shows the last couple of posts, lacks pictures and is too much white. The text is easy to look at though.

Activity: Seems good.

Quackalackin'
Look: No side bar. And there seems to be some error. I've tried it on two different computers and the text is only visible for the first couple of seconds when you load the page. Then it disappears.

Activity: Seems to be good.

Ducks Nation
Look: Blogspot has a lot of different functions. This blog doesn't really use any. Simple look is a plus in my book, but this might be too simple.

Activity: Low activity in November it seems.

Andy Ducks TOP 5
Look: Real simple but still nice in it's own way. Among these blogs, this might have the best side bar. "Read more" buttons in the posts are a plus. It's a new blog and has yet to post any pictures though. But I imagine that's due to copyright issues.

Activity:
Writer is from Sweden but has insight. Great activity with at least one post per day. This one is barely a couple of weeks old though, but is already drawing som attention it seems.

---

Can't decide which one of "Ducks and Pucks" and "He shoots and he scores" I like the best for the 6th spot.

This point has been edited by Sammy_is_God: 30 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

#7 Guest_SharksGirl_*

Guest_SharksGirl_*

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Voted.

#8 Guest_diddi_*

Guest_diddi_*

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

What happens with the top six blogs? Will they all go (just those six) against eachother in a new poll? Or will they meet 1 vs 1 in three seperate polls?

This point has been edited by diddi: 01 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

#9 OFFLINE   Selly

Selly

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • 32,071 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

What happens with the top six blogs? Will they all go (just those six) against eachother in a new poll? Or will they meet 1 vs 1 in three seperate polls?

I am not really sure diddi. I will have to ask about that.

#10 OFFLINE   Selly

Selly

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • 32,071 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

The 6 winners of this poll will go up against each other in another poll (all in the same poll).

#11 Guest_PerryFan10_*

Guest_PerryFan10_*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:39 PM

Ducks Fan Zone! :)

#12 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,697 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

If you haven't voted yet, now is the time to do so.

We begin round 2 tomorrow.