Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Kings Blog-Off (Round 2)

• Locked Goal This goal is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Kings Blog-Off (Round 2) (24 fans have cast votes)

Choose your 4 favorite Kings blogs

1. The Throne Room (7 votes [12.96%])

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

2. Life In Hockeywood (7 votes [12.96%])

3. Frozen Royalty (7 votes [12.96%])

4. A Queen Among Kings (7 votes [12.96%])

5. Kings Kool-Aid (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

6. Mayors Manor (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

7. The Royal Half (19 votes [35.19%])

Percentage of vote: 35.19%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,573 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Please select 4 of the remaining blogs that you would like to see make the next round in our Blog-Off Tournament...

The Throne Room
Life in Hockeywood
Frozen Royalty
A Queen Among Kings
Kings Kool-Aid
Mayors Manor
The Royal Half

In this round, we ask our voters to avoid choosing their selections based on such things such as blog graphics, blog tools, amount of updates, etc. Let's make this round specifically about writing ability.

For every member that takes the time to click these links, check these blogs out, vote in the poll and impress me with a critique on any one blog mentioned, I will be giving out Jersey Awards throughout the contest.

So let's hear what you have to say... and let's please try our best to be constructive with our words.

(This tourney encourages fans of all teams to participate and not just fans of the team in question.)

#2 Guest_bornwthatail_*

Guest_bornwthatail_*

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Rather than gush about my own blog, I'll take a minute to talk about how much I enjoy Life in Hockeywood. Great writing, and, most importantly a great sense of humor, which is a REQUIREMENT to keep me interested while reading.

#3 Guest_Kingie_*

Guest_Kingie_*

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

Agreed about Life in Hockeywood. I like the humor as well!

I also want to say I really enjoy reading A Queen Among Kings, and I think she does a great job with game recaps. I think she did a Kings Notebook a while back also (I think...) Good stuff!

And Jeremy, if you are not gonna gush about your own blog, I will! I always like reading your entries. You always have such great insight and knowledge on what is going on in the games (something I wish I had LOL) It's always good to read what you have to say about the team.

#4 Guest_zms30_*

Guest_zms30_*

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

Wow the Royal Half is getting a lot of love. Not that I'm really surprised, but it's leading by a landslide.

#5 Guest_zms30_*

Guest_zms30_*

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

Agreed about Life in Hockeywood. I like the humor as well!

I also want to say I really enjoy reading A Queen Among Kings, and I think she does a great job with game recaps. I think she did a Kings Notebook a while back also (I think...) Good stuff!

And Jeremy, if you are not gonna gush about your own blog, I will! I always like reading your entries. You always have such great insight and knowledge on what is going on in the games (something I wish I had LOL) It's always good to read what you have to say about the team.

Sounds like me :gap: , but yeah J you always have a lot of interesting things to say, some that I couldn't even notice. Granted I don't watch the Kings as much as you, but you always help me to understand the team a lot better.

#6 Guest_bornwthatail_*

Guest_bornwthatail_*

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

Wow the Royal Half is getting a lot of love. Not that I'm really surprised, but it's leading by a landslide.

Yeah he's been smart and has been plugging the contest in his blog. Didn't register with me until I went to read the blog and noticed that. Royal Half is a damn fine blog though, deserving of all it's votes. Actually all the nominees are damn good in my opinion. I've gotta remember when I get home to do some soliciting of my own! LOL

And thanks Zach and Michelle for the kind words. I've pissed a few people off with the blog but hey, I'm passionate about my Kings and I tell it like I see it without sugar coating, LOL.

#7 Guest_jimbobri_*

Guest_jimbobri_*

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:15 AM

No Battle of California? Curious.

#8 OFFLINE   GWTLAH

GWTLAH

The NHL Arena

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

http://thenhlarena.c...w...118847&st=0 - it's here for our Anaheim Blog-Off (listed as Earl Sleek).

#9 Guest_zms30_*

Guest_zms30_*

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

Yeah he's been smart and has been plugging the contest in his blog. Didn't register with me until I went to read the blog and noticed that. Royal Half is a damn fine blog though, deserving of all it's votes. Actually all the nominees are damn good in my opinion. I've gotta remember when I get home to do some soliciting of my own! LOL

And thanks Zach and Michelle for the kind words. I've pissed a few people off with the blog but hey, I'm passionate about my Kings and I tell it like I see it without sugar coating, LOL.

I like when people go out and express their opinions as long as there's a rational explanation behind all of their content. You have that. I enjoyed reading your post about the game last night being a character win. Again, you go extremely in-depth and I like that a lot.

#10 Guest_NYRGirardi5_*

Guest_NYRGirardi5_*

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

I've been trying to get into watching some of the western conference teams, since I don't sleep much and I've found The Royal half to be a great place to read up on Kings news. That site does a great job of getting all the necessary information across, as well as a lighter side of hockey. i really like their insight and its a blog that has been bookmarked on my computer for a while now.

#11 Guest_Lord Stanley_*

Guest_Lord Stanley_*

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

I've been trying to get into watching some of the western conference teams, since I don't sleep much and I've found The Royal half to be a great place to read up on Kings news. That site does a great job of getting all the necessary information across, as well as a lighter side of hockey. i really like their insight and its a blog that has been bookmarked on my computer for a while now.

Me too in fact. I am not a huge kings fan to be honest so when I go looking for one I want something easy to read that will deliver me the facts easy and fast. I think it gets to the point quite well and I enjoy their insight. I think they are wrong on the odd thing but what blog isn't these days so it gets my vote and I also have it book marked :)

#12 Guest_theroyalhalf_*

Guest_theroyalhalf_*

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Hey, thanks for all the kind words about The Royal Half. I really appreciate you reading it. Although I've been a fan of the Kings since I was a little kid I don't worry so much about providing in-depth analysis of the Kings play... but rather the games around the Kings. And as a long suffering fan... this season has given all of us Kings bloggers something to write about.