Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Oilers Blog-Off (Round 4)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Oilers Blog-Off (Round 4) (25 fans have cast votes)

Which blog should represent your Oilers subforum?

1. The Copper And Blue (3 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

2. Putting On The Foil (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

3. Low On Oil (13 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

4. Oilers Insider (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,627 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:58 PM

Please select the blog that you would like to see represent your Oilers' subforum.

The Copper & Blue
Putting on the Foil
Low on Oil
Oilers Insider

For every member that takes the time to click these links, check these blogs out, vote in the poll and impress me with a critique on any one blog mentioned, I will be giving out Jersey Awards throughout the contest.

So let's hear what you have to say... and let's please try our best to be constructive with our words.

(This tourney encourages fans of all teams to participate and not just fans of the team in question.)

#2 Guest_ColeJ._*

Guest_ColeJ._*

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

When I look for a good hockey blog, I want content that is passionate, intelligent, and honest.

Low on Oil fits that description. They update their blog regularly, and always with insightful and informative content. Every time I read it, I learn something else about the team that my Stars had such heated battles with in the past 15 years. I've got nothing but respect for the Oilers history and fan base. Low on Oil is the embodiment of that fan base. That is why they got my vote.

#3 Guest_Sabrenoise.com_*

Guest_Sabrenoise.com_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

Even in a period of suck, a teams blog has to be there for their team - if your not, well theres a term for that - its called a fair weather fan.

That statement right there describes The Copper & Blue, SB Nations only excuse for an Oilers blog. I hate to be negative in the final round of this, but I think the SB Nation tag is the only thing keeping this blog alive in the contest. If your team is that bad, focus on somethind decent the team has going for it, with all its history I think the team deserves at least that much. It wasn't that long ago that they made the Stanley Cup Finals.

My vote was not cast at all for the pessimists over at The Copper & Blue for that reason. While some SB Nation blogs have a parade route planned for their team at the start of every season - I like C&Bs realistic look, but not enough to push them over the edge as far as getting a fourth round vote out of me.

My vote went for Putting on the Foil, not so much for their cheesy reference to Slapshot, but more for the video game like atmosphere of their blog. It took me back to my Super Nintendo days quick. As a reformed gamer (who has time anymore?) this blog was definitely deserving of my vote.

Hang in their Oilers fans. Your winning ways will return.

#4 OFFLINE   Selly

Selly

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,069 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

My vote goes to Putting On The Foil. It gives you everything you could want in an Oilers blog. They have updates not only for the Oilers but for their minor league prospects as well. You've also got the rants and game previews/recaps you would expect from any self-respecting hockey blog. But, along with this you get yourself some featured videos, a place to discuss whatever your little heart desires, a place to write your own blog (should you so wish) and links to every team in the NHL. The blog owners are well-spoken and obviously love their team. Really, what more could you ask for in a blog?

#5 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,356 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Voted!

#6 OFFLINE   GWTLAH

GWTLAH

The NHL Arena

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Congratulations to Low On Oil for moving on to the next round of the Blog-Off!