Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Weather Roll Call - Part Two

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:06 PM

Continuing on from the original Weather Roll Call thread...

It's really friggin hot here. That is all.

Oh and if it really is gonna feel like 48 in Toronto, I suppose I should stop telling people in Ontario to stop complaining... for a day.

Also, here's the last post from the old thread:

I know what'll revive ya, LS...

FREE BEER!!!

#2 OFFLINE   SgtFrenchy

SgtFrenchy

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:29
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Muggy!!! Ugh!!!

#3 Guest_Bubba91_*

Guest_Bubba91_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hot sticky and shitty at work with these heat index at 115.. No relief till my day off woohoo.. I love the heat just not the humidity. In Iowa this weather great for crops but bad for t-shirt printing.. too f'n muggy.

#4 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,676 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Continuing on from the original Weather Roll Call thread...

It's really friggin hot here. That is all.

Oh and if it really is gonna feel like 48 in Toronto, I suppose I should stop telling people in Ontario to stop complaining... for a day.

Also, here's the last post from the old thread:

I think I just saw a Camel walk past my front door.

That can't be good.

#5 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Metropolitan Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,681 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:94
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

For about the last hour or so there have been severe thunderstorm warnings and even a couple tornado warnings a while northwest of me. The storm is headed southeast, but I can't tell yet from the radar how bad we're going to get hit. Right now, the county right next to us on the west is under a severe thunderstorm warning for another 45 minutes. We aren't under any warnings yet, but it could happen. BOO!!

#6 OFFLINE   Badger

Badger

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:36
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

Ive just about had it with this hot weather. Im ready for fall so that the temps can be in the 50s and hockey season can start.

#7 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

I think I just saw a Camel walk past my front door.

That can't be good.

And now you know how I feel EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE! Well... for the last almost two years, and except for the one day once where I wore a coat... but I didn't need the coat. I just thought it was better to have in case the car got stuck in the inch or so of snow. Heh.

#8 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

For about the last hour or so there have been severe thunderstorm warnings and even a couple tornado warnings a while northwest of me. The storm is headed southeast, but I can't tell yet from the radar how bad we're going to get hit. Right now, the county right next to us on the west is under a severe thunderstorm warning for another 45 minutes. We aren't under any warnings yet, but it could happen. BOO!!

AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!

(Actually, we haven't had any serious storm warnings since round one, game seven. I just feel like yelling about weather.)

#9 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Metropolitan Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,681 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!

(Actually, we haven't had any serious storm warnings since round one, game seven. I just feel like yelling about weather.)

Our last tornadoes around here were during the conference finals. Oh and just as I'm typing this, we go into a severe thunderstorm warning for the next hour or so.

But based on the path the storms are taking, Hawky down in Madtown should miss them.

#10 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

Our last tornadoes around here were during the conference finals. Oh and just as I'm typing this, we go into a severe thunderstorm warning for the next hour or so.

But based on the path the storms are taking, Hawky down in Madtown should miss them.

Oh, and I forgot to say in my last post, stay safe! I hope all the bad stuff stays away!

#11 Guest_McLovin_*

Guest_McLovin_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

Its going to be 104 in Baltimore on Friday and I'm going to the O's game that night.

#12 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,384 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

I just love it when it's 102 with a "real feel" of 105 at 8 in the morning. :lol2: Gonna be a long day. :dead:

#13 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Metropolitan Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,681 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

So, that was one hell of a storm that ripped through town last night. Tons of trees down, underpasses flooded, thousands of people without power. According to the local paper, at 4:15 pm today, there were still 8800 customers without power. And most of the power outages were due to trees falling on the lines, so the power company couldn't even work on restoring power until the tree crews got the trees removed. There was a travel ban in town overnight, and the mayor has declared the city to be in a state of emergency. My office was running on backup generators all day today cause the power was still out. The wife works at a building less than a block away, and she got the day off cause their generators aren't designed to power a fully staffed building. Add in temps pushing 100, and it was a hell of a day.

The paper has an article and some pictures from around town right here

Luckily, we didn't really have any damage at our house. A branch or two is down in the back yard, but that's about it. We never lost power or anything.

This point has been edited by Vader: 20 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

#14 OFFLINE   SgtFrenchy

SgtFrenchy

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:29

Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

With the heat index it's a muggy 106. UGH Friggin hot!!!!!!!!

#15 Guest_McLovin_*

Guest_McLovin_*

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Excessive Heat Warning until 8 tonight, Excessive Heat Warning from 10am to 10pm tomorrow, and a Heat Advisory from Noon until 8pm Saturday. Yuck.

#16 OFFLINE   Caniac59

Caniac59

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:59
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Typical hot and muggy day here in N.C., You walk out the door and have the air sucked out your lungs like it was napalm. They're saying it won't get any cooler till at least Tuesday here if you count 95 degrees and humid cool.

#17 OFFLINE   GWTLAH

GWTLAH

The NHL Arena

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Posted Image

This is what we have going on today. For those of you not familiar with Celsius, 49C = 120.2 F.

Insane.

I took my dog to work today, fearing that the power will go out, thankfully it hasn't ... but at least the A/C at work is much more potent.

#18 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,021 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hotter than satan's sauna here in St. Louis. Anywhere between 90-100, starting last week, should last until... oh I dunno, friggin' October? Knowing the weather in this city, anything's possible.

And apparently when I move to New Orleans, it won't get much better.

#19 Guest_BRichards19_*

Guest_BRichards19_*

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hotter than satan's sauna here in St. Louis. Anywhere between 90-100, starting last week, should last until... oh I dunno, friggin' October? Knowing the weather in this city, anything's possible.

And apparently when I move to New Orleans, it won't get much better.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

It's funny to me you think it would get better the further south you go. Lol. Heat all year round. Hurricanes... Bad storms... It's great! :shifty:

#20 Guest_Pittsburgh66_*

Guest_Pittsburgh66_*

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

We are between 90-96, feels like 100. Thankfully, it's going to cool off over the next four days. Still, I need snow...lots of it...badly.

To the folks who are hitting 100+, stay safe.