Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Senators lose 2-2 tie to Capitals 2-1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DRodger91

DRodger91

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:15
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

I ripped off Ryan Classic for this headline. Are we bitter? Yes, we are.

See, the Senators had an early first period powerplay goal by Jason Spezza waved off due to a unnecessarily strict interpretation of the rules of goaltender interference. With a ton of traffic in front of the net, Milan Michalek was touching thinly-veiled Sens Killer Tomas Vokoun, which means that the goal didn't count.

Full story

Love the title of the post from Silver Seven, good post game as well, and yes a tough one to see lost after one disallowed goal.

#2 Guest_Sensrule_*

Guest_Sensrule_*

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

Damn! Didn't know we had a disallowed goal, I didn't watch the game. Only saw the highlight package on Sportscentre, not sure if they even mentioned the disallowed goal or not. Even though we obviously didn't get the win, we could count it as a morale victory. Coming off of a 7-1 drubbing against the Avs, and outplaying the undefeated Caps in the final two periods (from what I saw in the highlights). Hope we can show the same amount of intensity in our next game against the Flyers.

#3 OFFLINE   Selly

Selly

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,070 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

I was very impressed with the way the Sens played in this game. If they can keep up this type of intensity, it's really going to help them put some points up.

#4 OFFLINE   DRodger91

DRodger91

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:15
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

We are going to need the same game play or even more when we go up against Philly, they are going to bring it.