Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Canucks @ Blackhawks 11-06-11

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruinsHawksGal

BruinsHawksGal

Sophomore Slump

• Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:5
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Posted ImageVSPosted Image

6:00 PM Central Time

Game televised on SNET-VAN (HD) and WGN

Canucks Radio Broadcast and Blackhawks Radio Broadcast are also available.

Posted Image

The Hawks and Canucks renew their rivalry with their first meeting this season. The teams split the 4-game regular season series in 2010-2011. After going down 0-3 to the Canucks in the first round of the 2011 playoffs, the Hawks rallied and took the series to OT of game 7, where Vancouver prevailed.

Meet the #1 goaltenders:

Posted Image

In 9 games played, Roberto Luongo is 4-4-1 with a 3.19 GAA and a .844 SV%.

Posted Image

In 10 games played, Corey Crawford is 6-2-2 with a 2.33 GAA and a .919 SV%.

Game preview from NHL.com

Big story: The Central division-leading Blackhawks welcome the Canucks to United Center on Sunday to kick off a new chapter of the team’s heated rivalry – which has seen them meet in each of the last three postseasons. Vancouver is coming off a 3-2 road loss to the St. Louis Blues on Friday. Chicago, meanwhile, dropped an even more excruciating 5-4 overtime decision on the same night in Tampa Bay.

Team Scope:

Canucks: Vancouver kicked off its stretch of six games away from home with a convincing win Tuesday night in Calgary, but things have not gotten any easier for the Canucks in their ensuing two games.

After scoring 12 goals in a two-game win streak over the Capitals and Flames, Vancouver’s offense has followed with only three goals in consecutive losses. While Vancouver managed to score first in both defeats, courtesy of goals by Dan Hamhuis against the Minnesota Wild and Alexandre Burrows against the Blues, their offense has struggled to find the back of the net in crunch time.

The Canucks surrendered five consecutive goals in Thursday night’s loss, but coach Alain Vigneault saw a much better effort from his team against the Blues, when they were a few bounces away from righting the ship.

"Obviously we played a better game than we did [on Thursday]," Vigneault said. "It was important that our guys responded with a better effort, better execution. I think that was there for the most part."

Blackhawks: Chicago, winners of three-straight games entering Friday’s clash with Tampa Bay, used a three-goal spurt to take a 4-2 advantage midway through the second period.

But Steven Stamkos, who finished with a hat trick in the game, scored twice to erase the Bolts’ deficit before the end of the frame. Then, after a scoreless third period, Vincent Lecavalier’s notched the game-winner in the final minute of overtime to deal the Blackhawks a crushing defeat.

"We had the momentum, we had them on their heels," Jonathan Toews told the Associated Press. "But we got into some bad habits and let them back into it."

Injury Report: Duncan Keith (upper body) is questionable for Sunday’s game against the Canucks, as Blackhawks’ coach Joel Quenneville has only said he hopes his blueliner will be ready. … Alexandre Burrows (back spasms) and Sami Salo (lower body) are questionable for Sunday’s game in Chicago. Mason Raymond (back), Byron Bitz (lower body), Aaron Rome (broken hand) and Steve Pinizzotto (shoulder) are listed on IR for Vancouver.

:hockey1: Enjoy the game everyone! :hockey1:

This point has been edited by BruinsHawksGal: 07 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

#2 Guest_Uptown_*

Guest_Uptown_*

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:48 PM

Update: Burrows (back) will not play Sunday against the Blackhawks, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Recommendation: By sitting out Sunday, Burrows will have several more days to rest before hopefully returning Thursday at Los Angeles.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

#3 Guest_Uptown_*

Guest_Uptown_*

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Update: Salo (groin) will not play Sunday against the Blackhawks, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Recommendation: Salo will miss his third straight game with a groin injury. After Sunday, the Canucks have three days off, which may give Salo enough time to recover before Thursday’s game in Los Angeles.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

#4 Guest_Uptown_*

Guest_Uptown_*

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Duncan Keith will not be in the Chicago Blackhawks' lineup Sunday night when they face their most bitter rival, the Vancouver Canucks.

The defenseman has an injured left hand after getting hit by a shot last Monday night against the Nashville Predators and will miss his third consecutive game. Coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Sunday morning after a team meeting at the United Center that Keith would make the Hawks' road trip beginning Tuesday night in St. Louis.

Read More Here

#5 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:33
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

And boom! Booth scores on the PP to give the Canucks the early lead.

#6 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

And now Chicago gets their first PP chance of the game...

#7 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

And Frolik scores from way far out... Luo wants that one back.

#8 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Kane goes to the box cause he decided that one of the Sedins needed to be roughed up for spraying a tiny amount of ice shavings onto Crawford's pads... was it really worth it?

#9 OFFLINE   blackoutdallas

blackoutdallas

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Chicago is lucky to get out of that period tied. Flat footed, taking penalties, and not giving Crawford much help.

#10 OFFLINE   manovrboard

manovrboard

Playmaker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

Jannik Hansen with a quick response as Vancouver regains the 2 goal lead.

#11 OFFLINE   manovrboard

manovrboard

Playmaker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Hamhuis makes it 5-2. Canucks are 4/5 on the PP. Ouch.

#12 OFFLINE   manovrboard

manovrboard

Playmaker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,269 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

Wow. Luongo robbed Nick Leddy there at the buzzer. Unreal save.

#13 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hey Chicago, stop taking stupid penalties and beat the Nucks already.

#14 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

I think I officially hate Carcillo as much as I hate Pronger. That said, he's a big part of the reason the Canucks are winning this one, so I probably should be thanking him. I hope he goes and cries to his Twitter buddies now that he's out of the game.

ETA: Hawks fans, I'm sincerely sorry that you have to deal with him on your team. That must suck.

This point has been edited by Holliday: 06 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

#15 OFFLINE   Badger

Badger

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:36

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

I think I officially hate Carcillo as much as I hate Pronger. That said, he's a big part of the reason the Canucks are winning this one, so I probably should be thanking him. I hope he goes and cries to his Twitter buddies now that he's out of the game.

ETA: Hawks fans, I'm sincerely sorry that you have to deal with him on your team. That must suck.

We knew what we were getting with Carcillo and considering how he called out the Canucks before the season even started, his behavior tonight shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.
About the game: horrible effort by the Hawks tonight. The PK was non-existent and thats what made the difference in the game.

#16 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

We knew what we were getting with Carcillo and considering how he called out the Canucks before the season even started, his behavior tonight shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.
About the game: horrible effort by the Hawks tonight. The PK was non-existent and thats what made the difference in the game.

Yeah, his behaviour certainly wasn't a surprise. He just keeps proving the theory that he's a violent psychopath correct, night after night. I don't understand why any team would tolerate it, to be honest. He has some pretty slick hockey skills, too. It's a real shame his personality disorder/lack of impulse control hold him back from being a respectable NHLer/person, and that he continues on as he is and doesn't seem to be receiving the help that he appears to desperately need. And I am not saying this to be insulting to him. I still completely believe he needs professional psychiatric/psychological help, and I hope he receives it sooner than later.

#17 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,727 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Kind of a beat down in this one, the Hawks are going to need better efforts then that if they want to call themselves contenders again.

#18 OFFLINE   okeeffe4

okeeffe4

Goon

• Fan
  • PipPip
  • 383 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:17

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Pathetic display.