Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Columbus Visitor Info

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Holliday_*

Guest_Holliday_*

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

The purpose of this thread is to provide information for visitors looking to take in a Blue Jackets game.

If you're familiar with the area, please give suggestions about where to stay, eat, park, and what to do while visiting. Please also weigh in on where NOT to go!

If you're going to be visiting Columbus and have questions, please post them here, and hopefully somebody can help you out.

In the meantime, here's some basic info:

Nationwide Arena - Home of the Blue Jackets!

Posted Image

Tickets

Seating Chart

Posted Image

Nationwide Arena FAQ

Food & Beverage

Parking

Directions

Arena District Info (Restaurants, Bars, Hotels)

StadiumJourney.com review of Nationwide Arena - info about food/beverage options, atmosphere, etc.

#2 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,899 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:48 PM

Have I mentioned I want a new arena?

#3 ONLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Well they shut down my favorite place to go before games so besides that the only other place I've been before hand to eat is Boston's which is outside the backside of Nationwide. Everyone seems to like the R Bar which is very BlueJackets themed and you literally walk out the main doors to the left up 5 or 6 steps and it's right there. Others bars are 343 right in front of the arena, there's Brothers which is a short walk but I do not suggest it, they don't have the best service if your in a hurry. To be honest I usually get something at the game unless I go with a group of friends. I'll keep thinking and post some more stuff later.

#4 OFFLINE   Badger

Badger

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:36
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

I'll be interested to follow this thread. Im moving to Columbus soon and could use a little help finding the best places to go and things to see.
Im excited to finally live in a city that has an NHL team. Ive been kind of keeping an eye on the Jackets and they seem like a fun team. Not to mention tickets are dirt cheap! Any time the Caps or Hawks are in town, I'll be there.
Not to mention its still a Big Ten city, which will me I will still get to see my beloved Badgers. Badger hockey wont be the same without the sieve chant or powerplay cheer though. ;) Hopefully I can get in touch with some other Badger hockey fans in Columbus and we can start up a mini sieve chant when OSU plays the Badgers.

This point has been edited by GoBucky: 17 December 2011 - 03:11 PM

#5 OFFLINE   Selly

Selly

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,069 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Bumping

#6 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'll be interested to follow this thread. Im moving to Columbus soon and could use a little help finding the best places to go and things to see.
Im excited to finally live in a city that has an NHL team. Ive been kind of keeping an eye on the Jackets and they seem like a fun team. Not to mention tickets are dirt cheap! Any time the Caps or Hawks are in town, I'll be there.
Not to mention its still a Big Ten city, which will me I will still get to see my beloved Badgers. Badger hockey wont be the same without the sieve chant or powerplay cheer though. ;) Hopefully I can get in touch with some other Badger hockey fans in Columbus and we can start up a mini sieve chant when OSU plays the Badgers.

You ever move there?

Also where is the cannon located in the building.

#7 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

You ever move there?

Also where is the cannon located in the building.

The cannon's located by section 111, on the main concourse. It's pretty cool.

#8 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

The cannon's located by section 111, on the main concourse. It's pretty cool.

After looking more closer at arena layout, I think DUH!

Thanks for answering.

Cause whenever I go to a Jackets game whenever. I wanna know where its at and loved to see it fire, just wanted to know if I sat somewhere, if I would have to turn or something to see it.

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 04 March 2012 - 03:58 PM