Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Devils call up Veilleux from Albany

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

From F&I

The Devils have called up left wing Stephane Veilleux from Albany of the AHL.

According to a source, Veilleux joined the team in time for its flight to Buffalo this afternoon.

Veilleux, 30, ranks second on the Albany Devils with 11 goals and also has 11 assists in 40 AHL games with Albany this season. If he plays Tuesday against the Sabres, it would be his first game as a Devil and first NHL game since 2009-10, when he played 77 games for the Tampa Bay Lightning and put up three goals and three assists. Veilleux played last season in Finland and Switzerland.

Veilleux has scored goals in each of the Albany Devils’ last two games, helping them sweep a three-game road trip to Hamilton Friday (4-2), Syracuse Saturday (4-1) and Providence Sunday (3-1).

In 438 career NHL regular season games with Minnesota and Tampa Bay, Veilleux has 46 goals, 53 assists and 302 penalty minutes.

Link

#2 OFFLINE   Mishey22

Mishey22

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,781 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Awww, good for him!

#3 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Left wing Stephane Veilleux will make his Devils’ debut tonight when the team takes on the Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center.

Veilleux is slated to skate on the fourth line with Jacob Josefson and Cam Janssen.

Right wing Nick Palmieri, who was called up from Albany along with Veilleux, will not play tonight. Left wing Eric Boulton will also be a healthy scratch.

Devils coach Pete DeBoer said Veilleux and Palmieri were both called up, “just to have some healthy bodies around.”

“We went into last game with 20 guys,” DeBoer said. “It gives you some options, maybe an influx of some energy into the depth of your lineup. It’s nice to have the bodies around to have some decisions to make.”

DeBoer said Veilleux, 30, will add “energy.”

“He forechecks, he plays the way we want to play,” DeBoer said. “He’s going to pursue the puck. He’s going to make defensemen pay a price moving the puck out of their zone. He’s going to finish his hits. It’s just an influx of energy into our lineup.”

More @ F&I

#4 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Another entry from over there:

After nearly two years out of the league, left wing Stephane Veilleux will get another chance to play in the NHL tonight when he makes his Devils’ debut in Buffalo.

“I’m very excited to play,” Veilleux said. “I’ll do my best I can in the system and just doing what I do. Just play the game and play hard and play in the system and play a team game.”

Veilleux admitted it was a difficult journey back.

“Since I started playing hockey, it’s never that easy for me,” he said. “It’s always been a tough road and, as I’m talking right now, it’s quite an accomplishment to be back here and have an opportunity to stay here. Knowing who I am, I’m never satisfied. I’m just going to keep fighting and do my best.”

Veilleux never gave up hope that he’d make it back to the NHL.

“I always believed in myself to come back in the NHL,” he said. “Every day that has to be your mindset as a pro athlete. It’s quite an opportunity, but at the same time you take it day to day and you have to be pretty proud to get the chance and come back and make the best out of it.”

The rest... just like Maryanne.

#5 Guest_MakaveliTrained_*

Guest_MakaveliTrained_*

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

He's quicker then I thought, he can really move out there...thats it, thats all I got :shrug:

#6 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, just let him get a bigger sample size (more ice time) before laying a judgment down.