Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Multiple Sources: Rick Nash is on the Market

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,250 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

I suppose it was the Carter trade.... <_<

With the past 2 "big" moves, I say Nash may be leaving soon... I say "big" cause of what the other team gets and how less we get...

I'm not sold they move Nash now that they found away to deal Carter.

#82 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,250 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Possibly, its hard to figure out. Nash's points came from a less skilled players than than the Sharks.

Couture is still getting better and hasnt hit his prime yet.

That's the big wild card.

#83 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

That's the big wild card.

Yes, it is.

Young guys with potential dont shine bright here... :hmmm:

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 24 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

#84 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

CBJ is going to lose out on Bernier to TB it seems. Thats who I thought they should have been going after in the first place.

#85 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,250 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:38 PM

CBJ is going to lose out on Bernier to TB it seems. Thats who I thought they should have been going after in the first place.

Really?

I haven't heard that, but it would be nice to see TB taking their goalie situation seriously for once.

#86 OFFLINE   SoCalSharksGirl

SoCalSharksGirl

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,447 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:17

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Oh man, a kid who is in his second full season, is 22, and will have his second 30 goal season in as many years and he gets no love?

Don't make me point out how many 30 goals players, that do it year in and year out, are in the NHL.

Thanks damned! :gap:

#87 OFFLINE   SoCalSharksGirl

SoCalSharksGirl

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,447 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:17

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

For the record, Couture plays on the 2nd line with Clowe and whoever they slot on the other side. Currently, he has Tommy Wingles on his other wing (a rookie). He has been playing on the top PP unit lately, and he plays on the PK. :gap:

#88 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

I've got a strong feeling a trade's about to happen sometime today.

#89 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

I've got a strong feeling a trade's about to happen sometime today.

Same here. :hmmm:

#90 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

I don't know how credible the rumors are, but twitter reports are saying Rick Nash has been traded to NYR. No details yet though. I'll believe it when NHL says so

#91 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

I don't know how credible the rumors are, but twitter reports are saying Rick Nash has been traded to NYR. No details yet though. I'll believe it when NHL says so

I believe their might be some truth to it, but I'm too waiting till NHL says it.

I guess the next several months, we will be learning new names and remembering their numbers...

I wont mind getting Del Zotto. But, we are already stacked on defense... if we get him, I believe Methot or Tyutin will be traded...

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 25 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

#92 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Nash's agent breaks silence, hopes for trade soon

The Rick Nash story got more interesting Saturday afternoon because of comments by his agent to TSN and NHL Network Insider Bob McKenzie.

McKenzie reported via his Twitter account that Joe Resnick, the agent for the Columbus Blue Jackets' captain, has broken his silence on the trade talk about his client with less than 48 hours remaining until the trade deadline, which is Monday at 3 p.m. ET.

"We're hopeful a deal can get done prior to the trade deadline that is fair and equitable for the Blue Jackets," Resnick told TSN, according to McKenzie. "However, if a deal is not reached, then the list of acceptable teams will not change at a later date."

Nash has a no-movement clause in his contract, but he has given the Blue Jackets a list of teams that he would be willing to accept a trade to. Nash's list of teams reportedly includes the Rangers, Canucks, Bruins, Kings, Sharks and Maple Leafs.

Nash is signed through the 2017-18 season and comes with a cap hit of $7.8 million. According to Columbus Dispatch reporter Aaron Portzline, Nash traveled with the Blue Jackets to Pittsburgh on Saturday in advance of Sunday afternoon's game at Consol Energy Center.

The Rangers shed some cap space on Saturday with the deal that sent Wojtek Wolski to Florida in exchange for a third-round pick in 2013 and minor-league defenseman Mike Vernace. There were rumors on Saturday that the Rangers and Blue Jackets were in serious discussions about a trade for Nash.

According to capgeek.com, the Rangers have just more than $10.5 million in acquisition space.

The Canucks put defenseman Keith Ballard (concussion) on long-term injured reserve, freeing up some cap space as well. Capgeek.com has the Canucks with $4.607 million in space.

The Bruins could potentially do the same with Nathan Horton (concussion) and put him on LTIR, but the Bruins already have almost $11.9 million in acquisition space.

The Kings recently acquired Nash's former teammate, Jeff Carter, who is signed for 10 more seasons with a $5.27 million cap hit. Los Angeles, though, is on the outside of the playoff picture and is 30th in goals per game this season (2.05).

Nash has 20 goals and 42 points in 61 games this season. He has 279 goals and 530 points in 653 career games, all with the Blue Jackets.

My link

#93 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 Points:
  • Team:
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

If thats the list of teams he would like to be traded to, I'm suprised he didn't have the Wings or Hawks on there.

#94 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,697 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

In short, management has gone to the Nash camp and said, we doubt anything will be done prior to the deadline... hence the whining.

#95 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

I still say anything is possible in the next few days. So, I'm not expecting anything.

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 26 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

#96 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

If he's traded the deal will get done today probably because of Nash's NTC and be announced tomorrow is my guess.

#97 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Rick Nash: 'I'm a Blue Jacket today'

The last day before the NHL trade deadline, at least initially, was quiet for Columbus Blue Jackets forward Rick Nash, who has been the subject of trade rumors for the last several days.

On Sunday, he scored a shorthanded goal in a 4-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, potentially his last game with the franchise that drafted him No. 1 overall in 2002.

Rick Nash scored what may have been his last goal with the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday. (AP Photo)"It’s been a great time living in Columbus. I’m a Blue Jacket today and we’re going to do everything we can to move forward as a team," Nash told reporters after the game. "Like I said the other day, these fans deserve a winning team. They’re the ones that have been the most patient."

My link

I dont know if it was only during the Blue Jackets feed, but at one point they showed Nash on the bench, all the players were shoulder to shoulder... except Nash, there was almost a foot space on each side of him at one point... :blink:

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 26 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

#98 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

He'll be a bluejacket the rest of the season . Trade deadline should still be interesting though

#99 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Rick Nash now unlikely to go to Rangers

As of Sunday night, the New York Rangers appear to be out of the running for Columbus Blue Jackets captain Rick Nash.

Barring a drastic change, a deal to bring the prized winger to New York looks unlikely, a source told ESPNNewYork.com.

Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson's asking price for the franchise player is reportedly significant; according to multiple reports he is asking for a roster player, top prospect and a first-round pick, if not more.

Howson's trading partners, however, are slim. The Rangers are among a few teams on Nash's approved list of clubs to which he'd waive his no-movement clause and accept a trade. San Jose and Toronto have also talked to Howson this week.

In the first statement from Nash's camp since his availability surfaced, that list will not expand should Howson wait until the draft to make a deal.

"If a deal is not reached, then the list of acceptable teams will not change at a later date," Nash's agent Joe Resnick told TSN Saturday.

Resnick made it clear his client wanted to see a deal completed before Monday's 3 p.m. ET deadline.

"We're hopeful a deal can get done prior to the trade deadline that is fair and equitable to the Blue Jackets," Resnick said.

My link

Thats good, rather see him in Toronto or else where anyways. I would not like to see Nash in a Rangers' jersey. :bad:

#100 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

FOX Sports Ohio - With the trading deadline at 3pm on Monday, Rick Nash may have played his last game for the Jackets.

View the full article