Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Rolston on waivers, Ullstrom recalled

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

From newyorkislanders.com

The Islanders recalled David Ullstrom and placed Brian Rolston on waivers Saturday afternoon.

“I haven’t had the chance to talk to Brian,” Capuano said. “He’s had a tremendous career and I respect him a great deal. He’s show tremendous leadership for us. I know he wasn’t where he wanted to be statistically but at the same time as a coach, you can’t lose sight of the career that he’s had and what he’s helped us through this year.”

On Ullstrom, Capuano said: “He’s been here before. He’s gives us some energy, good size, plays the body well and tracks the puck hard. He’s had a pretty good offensive year in Bridgeport, and when he was here he played well so he will get another opportunity.”

Link

#2 OFFLINE   Potvin29

Potvin29

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,083 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Center

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

Does Rolston get demoted or is this just a sign that there is no market for him? I have to wonder if they will demote him only to place him on re-entry waivers in a few days.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris TMC

Chris TMC

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:4
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Rolston is finishing what I am certain will be his final season in the NHL.
After a long and successful career, he is done.
A pretty nice guy, relatively popular with the kids on the team, but- done.

Words from Capuano on the Rolston waive:

"I haven’t had the chance to talk to Brian," Capuano said. "He’s had a tremendous career and I respect him a great deal. He’s show tremendous leadership for us. I know he wasn’t where he wanted to be statistically but at the same time as a coach, you can’t lose sight of the career that he’s had and what he’s helped us through this year."

#4 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

Lighthouse Hockey - New York Islanders fans always have their sights set on a trade to improve their club. With a slew of names being thrown around by other teams as trade possibilities, as well

View the full article

#5 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

Newsday - Steve Zipay here at MSG, waiting for Rangers morning skate. Nothing new just yet, will be speakign with the coach at 10:45

View the full article

#6 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Lighthouse Hockey - At mid-day the NHL Trade Deadline was a half-day of epic nothingness, with Andrei Kostitsyn joining his brother in Nashville as the only half-way remarkable move.On the Islanders'

View the full article

#7 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

OTTAWA -- The Islanders might not be active in the trade market before Monday's 3 p.m. deadline, but that doesn't mean they aren't making some moves with the Eastern Conference playoff chase still afoot.

View the full article