Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Decisions, Decisions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,284 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

First Overall Pick- Decisions, Decisions

rior to the last two games, I was firmly entrenched in the "Fail for Nail" camp. Columbus was almost assured of finishing last prior to those games, and now after back-to-back blowout losses to equally woeful Edmonton, and then by the Detroit Red Wings one night later, it's a virtual certainty.

Of course finishing as the worst team in the league doesn't mean that getting the first overall pick is a guarantee-the draft lottery prevents that- but Columbus would have the greatest chance of "winning".

I'm still a believer that Nail Yakupov, the consensus number one pick, would be great for the Jackets. He's a game-breaker, a high-scoring Russian winger who has already shown a commitment to playing hockey in North America. He's got a ton of character, as evident by his interviews, and already speaks great English.

That said, I've started to consider other options for what the Jackets could/should do with the first overall pick, should they win the draft lottery.

Three options come to mind:
Scenario One: The Russian Factor...

More!

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,284 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

You still think they pick Yakupov or steer clear of the Russian jinx?

#3 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

If they pick Forsberg, without trading down...

I would Milton the Nation Wide Arena if I was a CBJ fan.

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,284 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

If they pick Forsberg, without trading down...

I would Milton the Nation Wide Arena if I was a CBJ fan.

Posted Image

Dude that's crazy. Milton was one of the very first things I thought of this morning when I woke up. My alarm went off. I get up and come downstairs all blurry eyed and half asleep. I open the fridge to get coffee (yes, I make coffee the night before, put it in a jug and refrigerate it cuz I like it cold) and the light from the fridge shines on the counter and for some reason my wife was using a stapler and left it there on the counter and instantly I think of Milton after seeing the stapler. lol

#5 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Dude that's crazy. Milton was one of the very first things I thought of this morning when I woke up. My alarm went off. I get up and come downstairs all blurry eyed and half asleep. I open the fridge to get coffee (yes, I make coffee the night before, put it in a jug and refrigerate it cuz I like it cold) and the light from the fridge shines on the counter and for some reason my wife was using a stapler and left it there on the counter and instantly I think of Milton after seeing the stapler. lol

lololol

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,284 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

lololol

Posted Image

BAAAHAHAHAHAA! I miss the Chapelle show. :hmmm:

#7 Guest_Sfak8_*

Guest_Sfak8_*

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

There is alot of decisions, I just hope we dont just throw all of our 1st round picks this year on the NHL team and think we are better and not do anything.

I think we still need to find our goaltending star, I say Columbus has one of their best defensive groups in history right now.

Our defense group is like Nashville's, minus the hard shot of Weber, but I think the Blue Jackets' D is in more position though. (I wish I had their offense [forwards]). Put a Carey Price or a Pekka Rinne in our net, we'd be playoff bound next year. It'd be like Chicago, Phoenix, Washington, Ottawa, where the goals scored wouldnt be much higher than the Goals against.

This point has been edited by Sfak8: 06 April 2012 - 10:23 AM