Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

If you click on this thread you MUST post! Part-4

• Locked Goal This goal is locked
522 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Caniac59

Caniac59

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:59
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Well we hit the 500 post limit for the 3rd time, so here is the 4th part for everyone to have fun with.

This point has been edited by Caniac59: 23 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

#2 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

My roommate's financial irresponsibility may end up hurting me way worse than I originally thought...

We asked her to save at least $35 for an upcoming cable/internet bill, and for gas to get my girlfriend to work. Our roomie said she'd "try" (after she's done spending money on stuff, which we either already have, or she doesn't need, or both).

Our cable/net is scheduled to be installed on the 30th. If she chose not to do the responsible thing (putting her responsibilities aghead of her desire to spite me), I'll end up missing a good chunk of the Summer Olympics, if not all of it. When I first realized that, it scared me. And I mean it legitimately scared me. Like, pants-wettingly scared me. Fortunately my pants remain dry, but missing out on the Olympics is almost worse than missing an entire NHL season/playoffs (which I did this season).

Ever since the 1998 Games in Nagano, I haven't missed them. And my roomie's immaturity may prevent me from seeing it. I'm under enough stress as it is, even without the possibility of missing the Games.

If her attitude and priorities don't improve, we'll seriously need to seek out a new roommate. :disgust:

This point has been edited by tk90: 25 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

#3 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

My roommate's financial irresponsibility may end up hurting me wayworse than I originally thought...

We asked her to save at least $35 for an upcoming cable/internet bill, and for gas to get my girlfriend to work. Our roomie said she'd "try" (after she's done spending money on stuff, which we either already have, or she doesn't need, or both).

Our cable/net is scheduled to be installed on the 30th. If she chose not to do the responsible thing (putting her responsibilities aghead of her desire to spite me), I'll end up missing a good chunk of the Summer Olympics, if not all of it. When I first realized that, it scared me. And I mean it legitimately scared me. Like, pants-wettingly scared me. Fortunately my pants remain dry, but missing out on the Olympics is almost worse than missing an entire NHL season/playoffs (which I did this season).

Ever since the 1998 Games in Nagano, I haven't missed them. And my roomie's immaturity may prevent me from seeing it. I'm under enough stress as it is, even without the possibility of missing the Games.

If her attitude and priorities don't improve, we'll seriously need to seek out a new roommate. :disgust:

I can see where this is probably headed. I can't even rememberback how many times I've been evicted because of roommates not having their rent. Probably like 4-5 times. :facepalm1: I would start looking for a new roommate now before you end up on the street looking for a new place to live and losing your deposits and an eviction on your credit report.

#4 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

My roommate's financial irresponsibility may end up hurting me wayworse than I originally thought...

Get a digital converter box, and run some bunny ears. You should be able to pick up the nbc universal channel which will run olympics 24/7

#5 Guest_Dainer09_*

Guest_Dainer09_*

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Posted Image

I. Want. Now.

#6 OFFLINE   SgtFrenchy

SgtFrenchy

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:29
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Insert clever comment here.

#7 Guest_McLovin_*

Guest_McLovin_*

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

1st day as the student intern/volunteer here at United Way here in Winchester was a successful and productive day. I will be doing this until this time next month.

Best thing about being a volunteer, I can work whenever (within reason) and take off when needed.

#8 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

If she didn't save up the money we asked for, that's another two weeks (or more) I'll need to wait for cable and internet. If her irresponsibility interferes with her ability to pay her share of the rent and utilities, we'll seek out a new roommate. If that can't happen, she'll have to find a new place to live. And, in all likelihood, my girlfriend and I will have to go back to St. Louis and live with my parents again. I want to go back, but not like this! Besides, I've made quite a few great friends over here.

It doesn't help that my girlfriend missed three days of work last week (hospital visits), meaning her paycheck will be less than usual. Roomie #3 will have to cough up more money than she may be comfortable with. Well, she won't have much of a choice. I just hope she's mature enough to realize that being a roommate sometimes means making sacrifices you don't want to make. My gf and I can attest to that...

PS: I hope I spelled "attest" correctly, I've never seen it written, so yeah. :gap:

This point has been edited by tk90: 25 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

#9 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Good luck with all that tk...and yes...you spelled it right. :gap:

#10 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

1st day as the student intern/volunteer here at United Way here in Winchester was a successful and productive day. I will be doing this until this time next month.

Best thing about being a volunteer, I can work whenever (within reason) and take off when needed.

The United Way drives me insane.

#11 Guest_Dainer09_*

Guest_Dainer09_*

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

The United Way drives me insane.

FYI

#12 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

I just got my first android phone...I'm lost...

#13 OFFLINE   SgtFrenchy

SgtFrenchy

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

My wife just got her first phone with internet capability, and I'm just getting the hang of it now. Good luck!

#14 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

My wife just got her first phone with internet capability, and I'm just getting the hang of it now. Good luck!

I think I would have been happier with a Windows phone but T mobile only had two models and website I bought my phones on only offered one of them, the one I liked the least. I know computers but these phones... :disgust1:

#15 OFFLINE   SgtFrenchy

SgtFrenchy

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I know computers but these phones... :disgust1:

I hear ya.

#16 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

My girlfriend and I didn't invite our friend to be our roommate so she could pay her share of ONE rent payment and then go crazy with the spending. She has no money left, meaning my van won't have enough gas to last until next week, and I'll miss the 2012 Olympics.
By the end of next month, her ass is out, and a more responsible, mature (and older-than-19) person will take her place. If not, it's back to St. Louis. My gf and I move into my sister's old room, and start over. It'd be great to be back home, but I'd prefer different circumstances...

But enough about that. In more positive news, a Reds fan gave me a weird look, aimed at my Cardinals hat (but only after our 8-2 win over the Dodgers). I guess Ohio isn't all bad, it's quite fun sticking it to Reds fans... :gap:

#17 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I thought going from a "regular" phone to Android was going to be a nightmare but it turned out to be the easiest and smoothest transition to any phone I've had in my life. What phone did you end up get?

#18 Guest_Dainer09_*

Guest_Dainer09_*

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

I think I would have been happier with a Windows phone but T mobile only had two models and website I bought my phones on only offered one of them, the one I liked the least. I know computers but these phones... :disgust1:

Posted Image

Thats my phone. Pure. Amazing. I don't think I would ever go back to anything else. The screen is so large, it blows everything else away.

#19 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Want a laugh?

What do the BlueJackets and the Titanic have in common? They both looked good until they hit the ice.. :lol2:

haha I found it ammusing

#20 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Want a laugh?

What do the BlueJackets and the Titanic have in common? They both looked good until they hit the ice.. :lol2:

haha I found it ammusing

:pinch: :lol: