Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

OSH WAS RIGHT!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

I was wrong.

The lockout happened, congrats on winning the bet sir.

#2 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

debatable.

#3 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,448 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

We haven't lost a game because of it...yet. Wasn't that the bet? If we lost a game because of it? Anyways...OSH was right that a lockout was going to happen, regardless of if we lose any games or not.

Hey OSH...look into your crystal ball and see how long this damn thing is going to last.

#4 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:80

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

I was wrong.

Double or nothing this ends very ugly!

I'm hearing Fehrs next offer will get rid of the cap and offer a luxury tax/RS program!

#5 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I'm hearing Fehrs next offer will get rid of the cap and offer a luxury tax/RS program!

Noooooo, no more bets from me.

I already blame the lockout on the NHLPA and I agree completely they will fuck this up worse then it already is in the days ahead of us.

#6 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Noooooo, no more bets from me.

I already blame the lockout on the NHLPA and I agree completely they will fuck this up worse then it already is in the days ahead of us.

The NHLPA seems to be much more united and steadfast than last time! And the loophole circumventing contracts the GM’s/Owners have signed are NOW helping the players.  All signing bonus are already in the banks and basically many players are not going to get very small part of their salaries.  Weber, Parise and Suter are laughing their asses off right now and ol whiny Leipold is on the hook for 50m!

#7 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

The NHLPA seems to be much more united and steadfast than last time! And the loophole circumventing contracts the GM’s/Owners have signed are NOW helping the players.  All signing bonus are already in the banks and basically many players are not going to get very small part of their salaries.  Weber, Parise and Suter are laughing their asses off right now and ol whiny Leipold is on the hook for 50m!

Yes, that why the players are to blame for exploiting that loophole, I've already told you that many times. It's also why they don't want to change anything, they know it's good for them, the owners don't want to sign those deals, they only do because they have the proverbial gun to their head by, you guessed it, the players and theirs agents.

#8 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:33

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Now that would be a re-write.

#9 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yes, that why the players are to blame for exploiting that loophole, I've already told you that many times. It's also why they don't want to change anything, they know it's good for them, the owners don't want to sign those deals, they only do because they have the proverbial gun to their head by, you guessed it, the players and theirs agents.

So who actually has the upper hand right now?  The players with money in the bank or the owners like Leipold with a 50m debit and no cash flow?

#10 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I love this notion that these owners live and die by their franchise.

#11 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

So are saying Leipold has no problem giving 50m for nothing?

#12 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Exactly right.

There are teams out there that will actually save money through this IMO.

#13 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:33

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

A lot of guys did sign extensions and new contracts this offseason, but I'm pretty sure most players did not get signing bonuses this season. Tons of em already have contracts, and not everyone who got new ones got signing bonuses.

However all players will be getting their escrow money, which helps way more than the few guys who get one time bonuses.

You make it sound like Leipold expected to not have to pay the bonuses, which seems absurd. We just found out recently that the bonuses still have to be paid, but I'm sure both the players and the owners knew exactly what they were agreeing to with the contracts that were written this offseason.

#14 Guest_Stein_*

Guest_Stein_*

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

I was wrong.

Some of us were predicting it before OSH ever joined... looking back at how confident you were that there would be no Lockout III back around the Paul Kelly firing, I should have put a few bucks down with you and LS. :shifty:

#15 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

A lot of guys did sign extensions and new contracts this offseason, but I'm pretty sure most players did not get signing bonuses this season. Tons of em already have contracts, and not everyone who got new ones got signing bonuses.

However all players will be getting their escrow money, which helps way more than the few guys who get one time bonuses.

You make it sound like Leipold expected to not have to pay the bonuses, which seems absurd. We just found out recently that the bonuses still have to be paid, but I'm sure both the players and the owners knew exactly what they were agreeing to with the contracts that were written this offseason.

My point is/was how is lockout going hurt many of players like it been said? I'm pretty sure they will be okay for long time. Unless they can't live on 50m!

#16 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Some of us were predicting it before OSH ever joined... looking back at how confident you were that there would be no Lockout III back around the Paul Kelly firing, I should have put a few bucks down with you and LS. :shifty:

Should have I suppose, I would have been good for it. I just couldn't predict that the players would be this dumb. You win some, you lose some. :shrug:

I have no issue admitting I was wrong in life on any stage, everyone's wrong at some point.

#17 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

My point is/was how is lockout going hurt many of players like it been said? I'm pretty sure they will be okay for long time. Unless they can't live on 50m!

lol

You make it sound like all the players have signing bonuses headed their way! In reality 95% of the players will have nothing coming their way by late October.

#18 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Should have I suppose, I would have been good for it. I just couldn't predict that the players would be this dumb. You win some, you lose some. :shrug:

I have no issue admitting I was wrong in life on any stage, everyone's wrong at some point.

I told YOU Fehr was NOT going be bullied by Gary and blew it off!

#19 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,204 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Not to mention, the owners are almost certain all of those contracts will be worth less then what they agreed to once this all gets settled.

#20 OFFLINE   Old School Hockey

Old School Hockey

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

lol

You make it sound like all the players have signing bonuses headed their way! In reality 95% of the players will have nothing coming their way by late October.

Many contract were Frontloaded and the big money already paid!