Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Caps going paperless

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:53
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

If you are a season ticket holder and haven't heard the news, the Caps will be getting rid of the paper tickets and going to a plastic wallet card that can be scanned at the gate.

Personally, I'm of mixed emotions. I'm all for the "digital tickets" for various reasons, but will miss having a keepsake from each game that I could have autographed if there's a milestone during that game.

#2 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:33
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

The Avs have a system where you just scan the card you paid with and it prints out your tickets at the gate. Maybe the Caps paperless system isn't quite so paperless either?

#3 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

The Avs have a system where you just scan the card you paid with and it prints out your tickets at the gate. Maybe the Caps paperless system isn't quite so paperless either?

According to the letter we got this system is just a card that gets scanned. Nothing to print at the gate. Of course single game tix will still be printed, this is just for STH's.

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'm glad this is catching on with other teams. I do believe the Coyotes were the test market for these cards. We've had them for going on the 4th year now I think. Our new one is badass IMO.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

According to the letter we got this system is just a card that gets scanned. Nothing to print at the gate. Of course single game tix will still be printed, this is just for STH's.

When they scan it at the gate, the handheld computer device does print out a piece of paper that has your seat number/section on it and game info. As for having a keepsake for autographs...get a program. lol ;) Or...have them sign the card, then put clear tape over it carefully to protect the autographs and just leave the swipe strip uncovered.

I have a Coyotes debit card and I got it signed by Doan and so did my wife...I immediately had the bank issue me a new one and put that one away...my wife did not and her autograph rubbed away super fast.

#6 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

I prefer my tickets to be branded on a freshly chopped down Redwood tree.

#7 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I prefer my tickets to be branded on a freshly chopped down Redwood tree.

As a season ticket holder the card rules. You never have to worry abut forgetting your ticket or having to go home from work to get your ticket instead of heading straight to the games if you forgot to bring your ticket with you. You just keep the card in your wallet and the parking passes in the glovebox and you're good to go.

Oh, one more thing...playoff tickets are still printed on nice, big heavy stock paper...those are the only tickets even worth keeping as a keepsake IMO.

#8 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

The Stars print an entire book on that heavy stock for their season tickets.

#9 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

The Stars print an entire book on that heavy stock for their season tickets.

Yep...that's how everyone used to do it. I remember getting what was basically like a ringed flip calender but with tear out tickets.

#10 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I like the general idea of the plastic card, but will miss the joy of getting the season tickets each year and flipping through the book (I'm the same way with actual books...don't have an e-reader and prefer the feel of a real book in my hands). It will definitely be nice not worrying about having the right ticket

#11 OFFLINE   JR Ewing

JR Ewing

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:73
  • Position:Center

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

As long as there's paper in the toilet stall, I'm fine with a plastic card for a season ticket.

JR

#12 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

It will definitely be nice not worrying about having the right ticket

Exactly! I've been there and done that before. :pinch:

#13 OFFLINE   Mishey22

Mishey22

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,781 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Oh, yeah. The Lightning did this too. I'm a little disappointed, actually.

#14 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ok, so we got our digital ticket today. ticket as in the singular variety. One card for two seats. yet they included two lanyards an cardholders. the instructions said we would have the card scanned on entry and they would then print a seat tab for each seat...so the point of going to paperless tickets was what again??? very disappointed in the execution of this program. lines are now going to be slow at the gate and they're still wasting paper. one card per seat would have been a much better plan in my opinion. no need for printing anything.

#15 OFFLINE   Xcal97

Xcal97

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 Points:
  • Team:
  • Position:Center

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

As long as there's paper in the toilet stall, I'm fine with a plastic card for a season ticket.

JR

Cheryl Crow is raging right now.

http://voices.yahoo....nly-313782.html

Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required

#16 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,974 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Ok, so we got our digital ticket today. ticket as in the singular variety. One card for two seats. yet they included two lanyards an cardholders. the instructions said we would have the card scanned on entry and they would then print a seat tab for each seat...so the point of going to paperless tickets was what again??? very disappointed in the execution of this program. lines are now going to be slow at the gate and they're still wasting paper. one card per seat would have been a much better plan in my opinion. no need for printing anything.

At first the gate people will fumble with the new method but before you know it they have it all figured out. The paper that gets printed out is a little, thin receipt type piece of paper. Far cheaper for the team than getting heavy stock, multi-colored printed tickets.

#17 OFFLINE   Flipper

Flipper

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

The thing is, I like the idea of the digital tickets, but I think the program is just not thought out enough and accomplishes the opposite of what it should do. Why not make it one card per seat and eliminate the paper all together? Keep the cards active as long as the account is paid up and you could use the same card year after year. That would keep shipping and pressing costs down even more.

#18 OFFLINE   Mishey22

Mishey22

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,781 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Oh, that's not what ours are like at all. I mean, yeah, there's cards, but it's two cards and each one has the seat on it. I wish the Lightning had given us lanyards though.

#19 OFFLINE   lethaltox1n

lethaltox1n

Washington Capitals

• General Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,869 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:39
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I find it a little odd that they would give one card for multiple seats just to have the tickets be printed out. Not quite so paperless.