Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tarasenko arrives with plenty of hype

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

If Vladimir Tarasenko can live up to even half the hype that surrounds him heading into the start of training camp Sunday, the Blues should be in pretty good shape.

The highly regarded prospect made his much-anticipated debut Friday, taking the ice at the St. Louis Mills to a standing room only crowd that featured many already wearing his No. 91 jersey.

The 21-year-old Tarasenko arrived in St. Louis Thursday night and took to the ice the next morning for the Blues’ final informal skate before training camp officially kicks off Sunday morning at Scottrade Center.

“You can see he plays at a pretty high level,” said Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo. “He thinks quick. If you watch him, the skill he has is pretty amazing to watch. He’s got first line skill.

FoxSportsMidwest.com

#2 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I read a Tweet a few days ago that Tarasenko was being called the most hyped-up prospect since Erik Johnson, and that hopefully things turn out a little better with Vladdy. That pissed me off a little. In my opinion, we gave up on Johnson too quickly. I just hope the team and fans aren't so impatient with Vladdy. I'd rather not have to read about him being traded to Anaheim or whoever a few years down the road because we got tired of waiting for him to be the second coming of Brett Hull.

/rant

This point has been edited by tk90: 12 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

#3 OFFLINE   stlbluesfan4ever

stlbluesfan4ever

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Tom, I feel you pain, but, I have a feeling that Vlad wouldn't fall in that same company, Vlad is very exciting and the only thing that we need to worry about is how long it takes him to get up to NHL speed and the smaller rinks. But, I think it wouldn't take that long, I only worry if the Blues over pressure him, and not let him mature like he needs to. Also, Johnson was only expendible because of our incredible Defense depth in the blues pipeline. We don't have a ton of speedy wingers with impressive scoring touches, So, I think we will take our time and let him grow properly. But, I hope the fans don't expect him to live up to his Ovie comparasons right out of the gate, But, depending on how big the blues care to open their checkbooks in the future and resign our young core, this can be one scary and impressive team for many years to come. Definely, a great time to be a Blues' fan. LGB!!!!!