Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Capacity crowd greets Jackets' official return

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,356 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Quite a few of the Columbus Blue Jackets worried about how the fans would react once the NHL lockout was officially over and the team returned to the ice.

A lot of people were angry. Some planned on turning their backs on the sport.

Based on their first practice, the players had nothing to worry about.

A capacity crowd, with fans standing two or three deep around the glass, clapped and cheered as the Blue Jackets held their first full team practice on Sunday at the public facility adjoining their home arena.

Everyone associated with the team was stunned by the reaction. The team handed out free T-shirts to the first 1,000 in attendance, but that didn't explain the size of the crowd and its exuberance.

"I didn't expect that. I'm very impressed, very impressed," new team president John Davidson said. "I didn't know what was going to happen. There's a lot of unknown. With the lockout, it wasn't a good thing for anybody. You wonder about it but there was great enthusiasm. The place was packed. There were a lot of kids having a great time. I loved every second of it."

Coach Todd Richards, who had his "interim" tag removed in the offseason, had the same thoughts about the fans' reaction.

More!

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,356 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

A full house for a practice? :shock1: I know it's just the practice rink but way to go Jackets fans!

#3 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I know quite a.few people not planning on going to.games for awhile. But Im not one of them, Im so excited to see this team hit the ice again!

#4 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:18
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm headed to the home opener against the Wings on the 21st and I can't be more excited about it. Carry the flag!

#5 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

As I'm trying to buy 8 tickets online, I can't find ANY. Tickets have only been available for 2 and a half hours and the only ones I can find are 2. Not even 4 or 6. Kinda mad about it, but at the same time, excited for the season. I'd love to make it to the home opener with my Red Wing buddies and if I don't, heads will roll.

#6 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,356 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

As I'm trying to buy 8 tickets online, I can't find ANY. Tickets have only been available for 2 and a half hours and the only ones I can find are 2. Not even 4 or 6. Kinda mad about it, but at the same time, excited for the season. I'd love to make it to the home opener with my Red Wing buddies and if I don't, heads will roll.

Damn...gonna be a full house.

#7 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

With tickets being buy one get one free I am 99% sure the arena will be sold out. Heck every person gets a free hotdog, popcorn, and pepsi for free too , thats another 15$ right there. I got two lower bowl seats for a reasonable price

This point has been edited by cbj10: 15 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

#8 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

With tickets being buy one get one free I am 99% sure the arena will be sold out. Heck every person gets a free hotdog, popcorn, and pepsi for free too , thats another 15$ right there. I got two lower bowl seats for a reasonable price

Not only those three, they also get a t-shirt and a calender magnet. I actually got eight 300 level seats for $12.50 each. I am SO excited to see this game, words can't even describe it.