Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Chelsea Daggers...?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   manovrboard

manovrboard

Playmaker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,301 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

This might come as an odd question...but does anyone know what happened to the Chelsea Daggers?

The owner of that team, Chelsea Dagger, no longer appears as a user at The Arena...

Perhaps time to start advertising for a new owner?

Just figured I would bring it up. Maybe everyone else already knows this and I am just late to the party haha.

#2 OFFLINE   blackoutdallas

blackoutdallas

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I say we contract. I claim RNH. There it all works out for everyone.

#3 ONLINE   Tamby

Tamby

Central Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:14
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Damned is in the process of trying to contact CD through email. The team has already been paid for so it's not as easy as simply finding a new owner or contracting. But Damned is working on the contacting first and we'll figure it out from there if we need to.

I know there's some drool-worthy talent on that team, but you trade-a-holics are just going to have to wait a bit. :bleh:

#4 OFFLINE   JR Ewing

JR Ewing

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:73
  • Position:Center

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Naturally. Chelsea beat me to that team by about an hour.

JR

#5 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,044 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

U

Damned is in the process of trying to contact CD through email. The team has already been paid for so it's not as easy as simply finding a new owner or contracting. But Damned is working on the contacting first and we'll figure it out from there if we need to.

I know there's some drool-worthy talent on that team, but you trade-a-holics are just going to have to wait a bit. :bleh:

I did talk with this owner yesterday, encouraged him/her to get back here and get the team set for the season. That hasn't happened yet though.

As Tamby said, with the team being paid for this season, not much we can do even if the owner doesn't come back. Once any of us have paid for a team no rules saying we have to do anything with our teams.

#6 ONLINE   Deezy

Deezy

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:19

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

I say we take matters into our own hands, send him his money back and get a new owner. He was online for maybe the first 4-5 days when he was an owner and hasn't been back since.

#7 ONLINE   Tamby

Tamby

Central Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I say we take matters into our own hands, send him his money back and get a new owner. He was online for maybe the first 4-5 days when he was an owner and hasn't been back since.

As this is not the first time a similar situation has occurred, perhaps the BoG will discuss a possible amendment to the Rules & Regs regarding Rights of Ownership. If you or any other LSHL member has any ideas on the subject, please PM the BoG so we can take your input into consideration.

That said, we can't create rules on the fly, especially not one that revokes a paid member's team rights, regardless of their (in)actions. Even if their admission fee was refunded, there is still no current rule on the books, nor precedent on record, that would allow us to take that action.

I know it's frustrating to have an absentee owner. It's possible though, that the person in question has a legitimate reason for their absense (such as oh, no hockey and no fantasy hockey) and just needed the reminder from Damned about the LSHL.

And even if they don't show back up...well that's something to be handled by the voting process outlined in the Rules & Regs.

#8 OFFLINE   The Rainman

The Rainman

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 275 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Why send him his money back? Just get a new owner. It's not like we inconvenienced him. You should be able to punt an owner for indifferent play. :hunter:

#9 OFFLINE   kbooks

kbooks

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Why send him his money back? Just get a new owner. It's not like we inconvenienced him. You should be able to punt an owner for indifferent play. :hunter:

We do have some potential GM's that have already expressed their desire to have a team in the LSHL so no need to even think about contraction.

#10 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,044 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

As this is not the first time a similar situation has occurred, perhaps the BoG will discuss a possible amendment to the Rules & Regs regarding Rights of Ownership. If you or any other LSHL member has any ideas on the subject, please PM the BoG so we can take your input into consideration.

That said, we can't create rules on the fly, especially not one that revokes a paid member's team rights, regardless of their (in)actions. Even if their admission fee was refunded, there is still no current rule on the books, nor precedent on record, that would allow us to take that action.

I know it's frustrating to have an absentee owner. It's possible though, that the person in question has a legitimate reason for their absense (such as oh, no hockey and no fantasy hockey) and just needed the reminder from Damned about the LSHL.

And even if they don't show back up...well that's something to be handled by the voting process outlined in the Rules & Regs.

This.

The BOG will have an amendment in place by next season that deals with some level of mandatory participation and how we deal with owners that are not here to manage their team.

#11 ONLINE   Deezy

Deezy

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

This.

The BOG will have an amendment in place by next season that deals with some level of mandatory participation and how we deal with owners that are not here to manage their team.

Thank you. This is all I ask. If I think of any input/suggestions I will PM you guys. I feel we need a better system in place to allow ourselves in the LSHL to get out from these situations. Since my time in the LSHL (a meager two seasons) this is by far the most active owners we have had. I know that in another year or two we will have 30 GMs 100% committed.

But Tamby is right by all accounts he could have just been chilling watching Basketball (BOO!) during the lockout. I am not optimistic because a email was sent out to all owners saying they need to submit their rosters. That being said I do hope CD comes back, he seemed like a good guy and sounded like he knew he needs to be patient with his team as he builds it.

#12 ONLINE   Tamby

Tamby

Central Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

For what it's worth, I haven't received any emails regarding roster deadlines...so there could have been an issue with Fantrax or his/her and my email addresses.

#13 ONLINE   Deezy

Deezy

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

For what it's worth, I haven't received any emails regarding roster deadlines...so there could have been an issue with Fantrax or his/her and my email addresses.

Two Options:

1) Damned was trying to screw you over
2) Maybe it was via PM, but my PM's come to my email.

#14 ONLINE   Tamby

Tamby

Central Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

No because Erin did get the email. Maybe I just have FanTrax blocked or something.

#15 OFFLINE   blackoutdallas

blackoutdallas

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Give it to Adds. I bet he would have fun with it.

#16 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • 33,683 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

For the record, Chelsea is a she... not a he. And if I could have my input, I'd be careful with any new rule regarding absentee owners... cause like JR mentioned, he and anyone that came along after him were not able to select this team due to the order of their expressed interest.

I don't know if selling a team mid-season is truly fair to them.

#17 ONLINE   Tamby

Tamby

Central Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

For the record, Chelsea is a she... not a he. And if I could have my input, I'd be careful with any new rule regarding absentee owners... cause like JR mentioned, he and anyone that came along after him were not able to select this team due to the order of their expressed interest.

I don't know if selling a team mid-season is truly fair to them.

Every decision this BoG brings to a vote is based on the concept of fairness. I definitely appreciate the input and understand your perspective, but it's incredibly premature to start making assumptions or try to create an open dialogue on the subject.

Anyone that has ideas on the subject, please PM them to the BoG. But we're not going to have public discussions on the matter at this time, and the issue is a dead one for this current season.

#18 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • 40,044 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Naturally. Chelsea beat me to that team by about an hour.

JR

Speaking of your team, you need to PM me your information!!!

:)

Don't make me do the cuts myself or set your lineup for you.

#19 OFFLINE   JR Ewing

JR Ewing

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Speaking of your team, you need to PM me your information!!!

:)

Don't make me do the cuts myself or set your lineup for you.

Yes, I will do that. Sorry, haven't had much time for it. My daughter and wife have ballet/jazz dance tonight, so I think I can get the team stuff done at that time.

JR

#20 OFFLINE   JR Ewing

JR Ewing

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Every decision this BoG brings to a vote is based on the concept of fairness. I definitely appreciate the input and understand your perspective, but it's incredibly premature to start making assumptions or try to create an open dialogue on the subject.

Anyone that has ideas on the subject, please PM them to the BoG. But we're not going to have public discussions on the matter at this time, and the issue is a dead one for this current season.

The fairest decision would probably be to allow me 10 trades between my team and the Daggers. I'm sure there's no objections.

JR