Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Barberio, Johnson & Panik Named AHL All Stars

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mishey22

Mishey22

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,781 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the American Hockey League has selected defenseman Mark Barberio and forwards Tyler Johnson and Richard Panik to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team for the 2013 Dunkin Donuts AHL All-Star Classic, to take place January 27 and 28 at Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

Barberio currently ranks 6th on the Crunch in scoring with 6 goals and 16 assists and tied for 11th in scoring by defensemen. This past week he participated in NHL training camp with the Tampa Bay Lightning, being reassigned to Syracuse on Thursday. He also participated in the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic in Atlantic City where he recorded 2 assists.

Johnson leads the Crunch in scoring this season recording 35 points in 36 games, including a team high 20 goals. Johnson was reassigned to Syracuse by Tampa Bay on Thursday after participating in NHL training camp. Johnson signed with the Lightning as an undrafted free agent and is in the second year of a three year entry level contract.

Panik is second on the Crunch this season with 18 goals scored. His 28 points ranks him 4th in team scoring. He recorded points in 12 straight games (17 pts) this season between November 2 and December 1, 2012, five of which were multiple point games.

Barberio, Johnson and Panik will join Crunch Head Coach Jon Cooper in Providence, along with the Crunch's training staff of JW Aiken (Equipment Manager) and Brad Chavis (Head Athletic Trainer).

Presser

#2 OFFLINE   Lomeister

Lomeister

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 255 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I so wish I could go, but I'm busy both nights.

#3 OFFLINE   Lomeister

Lomeister

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 255 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I watched the AHL Skills Competition on NESN last night. Maybe more fun than the NHL version. More hockey and less showboating.

Gudas was impressive with four goals on five shots in the rapid fire shooting. Johnson and Barberio did well on the stickhandling.

The downside is that I missed the Lightning/Flyers game!

Syracuse Crunch players turn in strong effort for Eastern Conference in AHL skills competition

This point has been edited by Lomeister: 28 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

#4 OFFLINE   Eastcoastcane

Eastcoastcane

Trade Bait

• Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:42
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Haven't said this in awhile but :heart: Barberio

#5 OFFLINE   Lomeister

Lomeister

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 255 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

The game itself was just as boring as the NHL game!

#6 OFFLINE   Mishey22

Mishey22

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,781 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I didn't watch it. I was going to, but then center ice was still free. :lol: