Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Redwings @ Blue Jackets ~ 1/21/13

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,351 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Pick Your Winner!

#2 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:19
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

I think the Red Wings got their reality check Saturday. Going with them for the win.

#3 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Let's go jacketsssssss!!

#4 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:18
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Let's go jacketsssssss!!

I second this. Jackets got their first win in Nashville in 20 games so they will be playing with the momentum. However, this will be Bobrovsky's first time ever playing at Nationwide Arena, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

I'm going with the Jackets 4-3 in OT.

#5 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

This crowd should be a fun one. Sell out with a ton of wings fans Im sure. I just wish I got off work before 5 :(

#6 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

This crowd should be a fun one. Sell out with a ton of wings fans Im sure. I just wish I got off work before 5 :(

I'm going there with 7 other friends. 1 of which a Red Wings fan, 1 a Sabres fan, 1 a Jackets fan, and the other 4 don't really follow hockey, they just want to go see a game for less than $13 lol.

#7 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,351 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Go Jackets!

#8 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

January 21, 2013
Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio

Television:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Radio:
Posted Image
Posted Image

From NHL.com.

Season series: This is the first meeting of the season for Detroit and Columbus. The Wings won four of six games against the Blue Jackets in 2011-12.

Big story: The Red Wings are looking for a big bounce-back after getting roughed up in ther season opener by St. Louis Saturday night. The Jackets, fresh off a shootout win in Nashville, will look to impress in their home opener to build some early-season momentum.

Team Scope:

Red Wings: No one in the Detroit organization thought transition to life without Nicklas Lidstrom would be easy, but they might not have expected the start of the post-Lidstrom era to be such a rude awakening. Detroit got rocked by the division-rival Blues 6-0 in its season opener Saturday night and the shaky performance now has some wondering if 2012-13 is when the Wings' League-best string of 21 consecutive playoff appearances might finally come to an end.

Those insinuations could be dramatic conclusions to draw, however. Even without Lidstrom, and with a handful of injuries creeping into the roster, the Wings are still loaded with talent. It seems unlikely Detroit's offense can be kept silent as it was in St. Louis for long, and even though goalie Jimmy Howard surrendered five goals on just 28 shots against the Blues, he is still the same goaltender who has won at least 35 games per season since he took over the full-time job in 2009-10. Monday will provide the Wings with an early opportunity to right the ship.

Blue Jackets: If there is any team with as big a void to fill from offseason moves as Detroit, it just might be Columbus, which dealt franchise cornerstone Rick Nash to the Rangers this past summer. Columbus appeared to be taking the move in stride in its season opener, however, outlasting the Predators for a 3-2 shootout win in Nashville Saturday. Perhaps even more noteworthy is that one of the players acquired for Nash, Artem Anisimov, was responsible for the goal that eventually forced overtime.

While 2012-13 is widely expected to be a rebuilding year for Columbus, its season-opening win, the franchise's first in three years, could be a sign the uphill climb isn't quite as steep as it had initially appeared. That could be as premature a conclusion to come to as the reports of Detroit's demise, however. Monday night's showdown should be very telling for what the rest of the season has in store for the Jackets.

Who's hot: In his first start with Columbus following an offseason trade from Philadelphia, Sergei Bobrovsky looked superb in net, stopping 32 of 34 shots.

Injury report: In addition to Darren Helm (back) being on IR, the Wings are battling several nagging injuries. Todd Bertuzzi (mononucleosis) is out indefinitely, Patrick Eaves (post-concussion syndrome) is unlikely to face Columbus and Jakub Kindl (groin strain) and Jan Mursak (collarbone) are both questionable for Monday. Goalie Jonas Gustavsson is also battling a groin injury and will miss a couple of games. ... With the exception of top draft pick Ryan Murray's season-long absence following shoulder surgery, the Blue Jackets are healthy.

Expected In Goal:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I got the night of work so ill be heading down early, I am so excited. Gooo Jacket's!

#10 OFFLINE   MightyPanthers

MightyPanthers

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:87

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I don't why I picked Red Wings...after all they lost 6-0 to blues...

#11 OFFLINE   Red_Wings_49

Red_Wings_49

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:49
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I'm going there with 7 other friends. 1 of which a Red Wings fan, 1 a Sabres fan, 1 a Jackets fan, and the other 4 don't really follow hockey, they just want to go see a game for less than $13 lol.

$13 a ticket? Must be effing nice

#12 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

They had A buy one get one free ticket deal for the first game , so half price tickets.. It was definitely a steal

#13 OFFLINE   Red_Wings_49

Red_Wings_49

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:49
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Damn great game... Back and forth... Great job wings and BJ's

#14 OFFLINE   JacketsFan18

JacketsFan18

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 270 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

What a game! Wings looked like they were going to pull away once they got their second goal, but Cam Atkinson fired the Jackets up with his beautiful breakaway goal. Stinks his goal got called off in the shootout though. Also, Bobrovsky had some fantastic saves. 42 shots I think it was. Remember when I said he would be our starting goalie for the season? If he keeps playing like this, he'll be one of the faces of our franchise. Great game all around. Blue Jackets had close to 20 blocked shots. Hats off to Brunner of the Wings with a pretty nasty goal to finish it off in the 4th round of the shootout.

Also, Jack Johnson played like CRAP! Wisniewski played out of his mind. Games like this make me wish we didn't give away Jeff Carter for JJ.

#15 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,954 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Hell of a SO goal by that Brunner kid to ice this one.

#16 OFFLINE   cbj10

cbj10

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

This was a very eventful game! Things I noticed, anisimov continued to create offensive chances, umberger has been very lazy the past two games, and our pp looks great Also is it just me or does anyone else see how amazing Calvert IS on the PK? That boy was working his butt of last nightnight. Oh and there might of been a bit of luck involved but bob was awesome in net last night.