Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hawks Trade for G Karlsson

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,047 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

The Calgary Flames traded goaltender Henrik Karlsson to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a seventh round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft on Monday.

Karlsson played 26 games over two seasons with the Flames, recording five wins with a goals-against-average of 2.79 and a save percentage of .905.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414155

#2 OFFLINE   Dstars2006

Dstars2006

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:3
  • Position:Center

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

How are the Hawk fans feeling about this trade?

#3 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:21
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

How are the Hawk fans feeling about this trade?

I'm unfamiliar with Karlsson , however I'm not convinced the guys we had in net starting last season and this one are the answer. We had week net minding last year and I know there were more than our fair share of defensive lapses. But throughout the year last season not once did our goalies steal a game.
Sure we won some 2 to 1 games or 3 to 2 games , "not what stealing a game is when they only face 24 to 27 shots" .I'm referring to stopping 38 of 39 for a 2 to 1 regulation win. All last season we Hawk fans hear about shutouts by goalies that faced 40+ shots on goal. And his mates generated only 20 to 25 and they won 1-0 or 2-0. We generated 40 SOG a few times and lost 3 to 1 or 3 to 2 while at the same time our guys faced only 20 something shots.
1 time last year I can remember Emery coming dangerously close to a shutout and it was broken I think with less than 90 seconds left. We still won , and he faced I believe 36 SOG. He was damn good , maybe the best goalie outing for us last year. I'm open to trying anyone that can walk in and steal the #1 spot by consistently keeping us in the game. Now Emery is my choice to start regularly over Crawford that's not to say Emery would not prove me wrong , it's just to say from what I saw last year of Emery I think he deserved to be starter over Crow. Karlsson may prove to look like a stupid trade if Q is still stuck on Crow , we may never see him play , if it's totally up to Q.

#4 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,684 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Not sure how Karlsson is any better than anyone else in the Hawks' stable.

#5 OFFLINE   blackoutdallas

blackoutdallas

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,042 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

AHL Depth? I'm confused. He was on waivers a week ago and they could have claimed him yet now they trade for him? I understand it is a crap pick but that's a weird turn-around.