Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Winning Wiith Winnik

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:8
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

There is pleasing your bosses on the first week of the new job and then there is what Dan Winnik is doing to ingratiate himself with the Ducks.

Full of grit and sandpaper as they say in hockey, Winnik has the Midas touch right now as the winger scored two more goals in the Ducks' 5-4 victory over the Calgary Flames on Monday night for their second in as many games to start the season.

A five-year veteran of three previous teams, Winnik has four goals in the two contests to join Marian Hossa atop the NHL. His 41 career goals say that he's no natural scorer but he's doing it now.

"I told you he's on a 96-goal pace," Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said. "He's done nothing to stop it. Just keep him going."

My link

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,986 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Glad he's doing well.

#3 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I know the party will be over soon and Winnik will go stone cold when it comes to scoring goals but he's just what the Ducks needed to begin the season. Good Job Winnik!!

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,986 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

I know the party will be over soon and Winnik will go stone cold when it comes to scoring goals but he's just what the Ducks needed to begin the season. Good Job Winnik!!

Even when he's not scoring goals he never stops working. Goals are always best but he has more to offer when he does go cold.

#5 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Even when he's not scoring goals he never stops working. Goals are always best but he has more to offer when he does go cold.

He's reminding me of Rob Niedermayer. I hope we can hold on to Winnik for a good long time because a good third liner with a scoring upside is hard to find. As far as the goals go, Anaheim fans kinda get that high expectation factor going on when we find a player that has a scoring touch. When that scoring stops, it will be the "trade him" talk. :disgust1:

This point has been edited by chicken wing: 22 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

#6 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,986 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

He's reminding me of Rob Niedermayer. I hope we can hold on to Winnik for a good long time because a good third liner with a scoring upside is hard to find. As far as the goals go, Anaheim fans kinda get that high expectation factor going on when we find a player that has a scoring touch. When that scoring stops, it will be the "trade him" talk. :disgust1:

When he loses the scoring touch he still keeps the other team from scoring. He's a great PK'er as well.

#7 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

The PK has sucked ass so far so hopefully he gets some time there too. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking Winnik goals or not...I just wasn't expecting that from him but Ducks fans in general get that expectation from a player once he's shown he can score. When he goes in a drought, yeah he can contribute in other areas, which is what I would expect.

#8 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,986 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

The PK has sucked ass so far so hopefully he gets some time there too. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking Winnik goals or not...I just wasn't expecting that from him but Ducks fans in general get that expectation from a player once he's shown he can score. When he goes in a drought, yeah he can contribute in other areas, which is what I would expect.

If the current pk lineup is sucking then they should definitely give Winnik a chance on it.

#9 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,924 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

If the current pk lineup is sucking then they should definitely give Winnik a chance on it.

I've been closing my eyes when we are on the PK so I don't know if he's out there or not. :pinch:

Besides that, our defensemen on the PK have been well out of position.

#10 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,986 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I've been closing my eyes when we are on the PK so I don't know if he's out there or not. :pinch:

:lol2: