Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Quenneville a changed man as Blackhawks perfect on the season

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

The Chicago Blackhawks rewarded a United Center capacity crowd of 21,455 with a hard fought 3-2 victory versus the St. Louis Blues. The good news is the Hawks are undefeated in this young season. The best news is they probably can play better. At this point winning three games against tough opponents is a very nice accomplishment. It's hard to believe the last time the Blackhawks began a year 3-0 was in 1972, and in that season they went to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Tuesday night, the Hawks showed they can win without scoring a bunch of goals. Although, if it were not for some very good goalkeeping early in the contest by the Blues' Brian Elliott, the home team may have had another six goal outburst. Elliott kept St. Louis in the game but by the end of the night he wasn't the best goalie on the ice.

Besides having a perfect record so far, the biggest accomplishment concerning this season might be the fact Corey Crawford has outplayed his counterpart in both of his outings. Tuesday night as the game wore on, the Blues took over the play and in the late going if not for Crawford, the outcome would have been different. Give Crawford his due as he has been technically sound and hasn't wilted under pressure. It's too early to say he will rebound to the form of his rookie season but no doubt Crawford has two nice wins under his belt.

The other noticeable factor effecting this season is apparently head coach Joel Quenneville is a changed man. Readers will recall in the past my contention the Blackhawks needed to spread the ice time out among defensemen. Another criticism of mine had been Quenneville never adjusted his style of play to account for different personnel. Three games is a very small sample but so far neither issue can be complained about.

More!

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Take it while you can get it Coach Q. lol

#3 OFFLINE   Big Chief Tomahawk

Big Chief Tomahawk

Chicago Black Hawks

• General Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Take it while you can get it Coach Q. lol

Amen. Easy to be "changed" until the shit starts hitting the fan. Then back to normal....

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Amen. Easy to be "changed" until the shit starts hitting the fan. Then back to normal....

lol...yep.

#5 OFFLINE   damned

damned

Pacific Division

• League Executive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,165 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:25
  • Position:Center

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Something is working right in Chicago so far.

#6 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:21
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hell , i can't even indulge in my favorite past time of Bitch'n-bout-Kitch'n . Especially when all three tonight were of the short handed type. They keep this up the Ball-peen will have to be retired. This all sounds kinda boring actually I've learned to enjoy hating Kitch. Well darn , we may have to find a new punchin bag.

#7 OFFLINE   Big Chief Tomahawk

Big Chief Tomahawk

Chicago Black Hawks

• General Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Maybe not, Steel. Coulda swore I read that Kompon is working the PP and Kitchen is now the PK guy. I'll see if I can locate the article & post it.

#8 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hell , i can't even indulge in my favorite past time of Bitch'n-bout-Kitch'n . Especially when all three tonight were of the short handed type. They keep this up the Ball-peen will have to be retired. This all sounds kinda boring actually I've learned to enjoy hating Kitch. Well darn , we may have to find a new punchin bag.

:lol2: