Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Detroit Red Wings vs. Minnesota Wild, 1.25.13

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

January 25, 2013
Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan

Television:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Radio:
Posted Image
Posted Image

From NHL.com.

Season series: The Wild and Red Wings will meet three times this season starting with Friday's contest in Detroit. They split their four-game series last season with Detroit shutting out the Wild 6-0 in their final meeting on March 2.

Big story: The Red Wings have a chance to prove themselves and make up for a few losses they've suffered so far this season by taking on a Western Conference rival that's gotten off to a solid start - or as solid a start as can be hoped for just three games into a season.

Team Scope:

Wild: The Northwest-Division leading Wild come to Detroit hoping to bounce back from a 3-1 loss to Nashville on Tuesday. Josh Harding is expected to start in net for the first time since his 1-0 shutout win against Dallas on Sunday.

Niklas Backstrom played in the loss to the Predators, allowing two goals in the third period.

"Having a couple days of practice will be good," coach Mike Yeo said. "We've got a lot of things we're still trying to do."

The Wild called up defenseman Jonas Brodin, their first-round pick in the 2011 NHL Draft, who is expected to make his debut on Friday and may take the place of Jared Spurgeon who is listed as day-to-day with a foot injury.

Red Wings: The Red Wings have started 2012-13 a little flat-footed -- they've dropped two of three games so far, including their home opener on Tuesday -- a 2-1 loss to the Dallas Stars. Rookie Damien Brunner notched the Red Wings' lone goal in the seconds of the game.

"I thought mentally we weren't sharp," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "It was one of those games that I would have liked to see us find a way to gut it out in the third period."

Detroit will need to improve on the power play if it hopes to turn things around considering they are 0-for-15 on power play chances so far.

Who's hot: Pavel Datsyuk has up three points in as many games and leads the Red Wings in scoring… Zach Parise is proving his worth to the Wild with a goal and four points in three games.

Injury report: Spurgeon missed practice on Wednesday with a sore foot and is listed as day to day. … Both Darren Helm (back) and Jakub Kindl (groin) missed the first three games of the season but may return Friday. However, the Wings are without three defensemen -- Ian White is expected to miss two to three weeks due to a laceration above his knee, Carlo Colaiacovo is expected to miss three to four weeks with a shoulder injury and Jonathan Ericsson has a shoulder injury. Todd Bertuzzi hasn't played yet due to the flu

In Goal:
Posted Image

Posted Image

This point has been edited by Erik C.: 25 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

Injury Call Up

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 34 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think Friday nights game vs Minnesota is a must win game for the Wings. I know it's early, but points are vital right now. Lets get the offense going guys. Go Wings

#3 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

We be updated.

#4 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

Injury Call Up

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 34 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Tonight's win was a big one. Todd had a great game and Pavel was great. Some bad penalties in the game, but were .500..

#5 OFFLINE   Red_Wings_49

Red_Wings_49

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:49
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

An absolute great game all around. Sloppy with all the penalties. Holding here, holding there. At least it was being called consistently.

#6 OFFLINE   Red_Wings_49

Red_Wings_49

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:49
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

However, on a very sad note... I was texted from a my cousin who was at the game. His cousin was leaving the Joe Louis Arena last night, and a little bit of a snowstorm came in and the steps were very slippery. His cousin lost his footing, and went down numerous steps. He was rushed to the Detroit Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. He was 23 years old.

Just make sure to tell your loved ones how much you loved them... you never know how... you never know when... something tragic like that might happen.

#7 OFFLINE   Chris TMC

Chris TMC

Sniper

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:4
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

However, on a very sad note... I was texted from a my cousin who was at the game. His cousin was leaving the Joe Louis Arena last night, and a little bit of a snowstorm came in and the steps were very slippery. His cousin lost his footing, and went down numerous steps. He was rushed to the Detroit Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. He was 23 years old.

Just make sure to tell your loved ones how much you loved them... you never know how... you never know when... something tragic like that might happen.

Oh my god, that is horrible.
I cant believe how sad that is.

#8 OFFLINE   Charles

Charles

Injury Call Up

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 34 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:50 PM