Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not Playing 60 Minutes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

The Coyotes held a 2 goal lead midway through the third, but their tired legs started to show and San Jose rallied for 4 straight to claim the 5-3 victory.

The first period was pretty much dominated by San Jose except for a brief push by the Coyotes on a power play chance. Jason LaBarbara stood tall and met the push from the Sharks despite several glorious chances. Although the Coyotes were able to kill off multiple penalties, including a lengthy 5-on-3 advantage early in the period, a late penalty on Derek Morris would become a power play goal for the Sharks with under a minute to play in the period. Logan Couture scored the goal deflecting in a shot from the point.

A complete role reversal in the second as it was the Coyotes controlling play for much of the period taking the play to the Sharks for large stretches of play. A few high sticking calls against San Jose would give the 'Yotes their own 2-man advantage and the Coyotes would keep the puck in the zone for a full 1:48 seconds before Steve Sullivan scored his 4th goal in the last two games to knot the game at 1-1. The Sharks fought back hard after the goal, but the Coyotes were able to stand tall and draw a late penalty to carry-over into the third period.

More!

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

It was such a relentless, fast paced game I knew the Coyotes were going to run out of gas. Not going to win too many games if you can't hold a 2 goal lead with only 11 minutes left in the friggin game. :disgust1: All in all, missing some real key players, they really played a great game...they just got overplayed and outplayed at the end and the Sharks would not give up even though they were dealt what would normally be a death blow for most teams. The Sharks look really good. If they keep it up it could be their year.

#3 OFFLINE   HockeyKate30

HockeyKate30

Injured Reserve

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:30

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

It was beyond bullshit!! I was fucking flipping out in my living room. I cant believe they blew it like that. The Sharks kept pushing and thats what you are supposed to do when you want to win!! ugh!!! The 2nd period was good but thats it. They looked sloppy otherwise. Left Barbie out to dry a few times. OMG Doaner on that break away. I wanted to kick his butt!! He plays with the puck too much. He does that too often. That was a for sure goal. Ugh I want to forget that game. Not the Coyotes we know. :disgust1:

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

It was beyond bullshit!! I was fucking flipping out in my living room. I cant believe they blew it like that. The Sharks kept pushing and thats what you are supposed to do when you want to win!! ugh!!! The 2nd period was good but thats it. They looked sloppy otherwise. Left Barbie out to dry a few times. OMG Doaner on that break away. I wanted to kick his butt!! He plays with the puck too much. He does that too often. That was a for sure goal. Ugh I want to forget that game. Not the Coyotes we know. :disgust1:

I actually found myself yelling at Doan several times last night. :munch_h4h:

#5 OFFLINE   HockeyKate30

HockeyKate30

Injured Reserve

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I actually found myself yelling at Doan several times last night. :munch_h4h:

Me too. Yandle too. Gosh a bunch of our guys. Just not our night at all.

#6 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Oh I forgot all about this until a friend just texted me...Lombardi got hurt last night and never came back. I wonder what it is and for how long he's gone now.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

And now I'm hearing Klesla has been put on IR. :disgust1:

#8 OFFLINE   HockeyKate30

HockeyKate30

Injured Reserve

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

This fucking blows ass. Sorry, its hard not to curse about this shit lately

#9 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,421 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

This fucking blows ass. Sorry, its hard not to curse about this shit lately

"blows ass" :hysterical:

#10 OFFLINE   52G228PIM1996-97

52G228PIM1996-97

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

This season will go down in history as a cruel "joke".. Giving players a week to get ready to play regular season games was stupid..