Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Blackhawks @ Flames ~ 2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,417 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Pick Your Winner!

#2 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:21
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

From the amount of comments here one would wonder if anyone will attend , or even watch. The Nhl's grace period of two free wseek of center ice has passed.
I guess this is where i have to start leaning of the results through the news. Good luck Blackhawks

#3 OFFLINE   chicken wing

chicken wing

Power Forward

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:10

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Go Flamers

#4 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

February 2, 2013
Pengrowth Saddledome, Calgary, Alberta

Television:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Radio:
Posted Image
Posted Image

From NHL.com.

Season series: It's the first of three meetings this season and the only visit by the Blackhawks to Scotiabank Saddledome. The teams split four games last season, with the home team winning each time. Chicago has lost its last four visits to Calgary.

Big story: The Hawks reach the halfway point of their six-game trip after losing the first two in shootouts -- 3-2 in Minnesota on Wednesday and 2-1 at Vancouver on Friday night. The Flames are off to a 1-3-1 start despite playing four of their first five at home.

Team Scope:

Blackhawks: Chicago has yet to lose in regulation, but the Hawks have dropped their last two in shootouts despite dominating play for most of each game. The Blackhawks carried the play for most of the night against the Canucks but were able to beat Roberto Luongo only once -- Patrick Kane earned them a point with a goal midway through the third period.

"It's tough to lose in a shootout, it's something I've got to be better in, the team as well," said Kane, who was one of four shooters denied by Luongo in the shootout. "I thought in the third we played well, it seemed like we were all over them, but they are a tough team, they're always going to be a big rival and come out to play hard against us, especially in their building."

Flames: For the second game in a row, the Flames are hosting a team that played the night before and for the third time in four nights. Being the fresher team didn't mean much on Thursday, as the Colorado Avalanche scored three times in the final three minutes for a 6-3 victory.

Flames forward Michael Cammalleri doesn't want a repeat -- he says Calgary has to take advantage of playing a team that figures to be a little tired.

"I think that it's important that in a similar situation like that where we have a team coming into our building on a back-to-back and we come in with a certain energy and try to keep it much more consistent this time around," Cammalleri said. "I think that last night was one of those that we're disappointed with the result and some of the things that got us there."

Who's hot: Chicago goaltender Corey Crawford is 5-0-2 this season and has allowed just three goals in his last two starts. Kane's goal gives him 11 points in Chicago's first eight games. … Jiri Hudler, who signed with Calgary as a free agent during the summer, scored twice and assisted on the other goal in the loss to Colorado; he has four points in the two games he's played this season.

Injury report: Chicago has been playing without defenseman Michal Rozsival (lower body) and forward Daniel Carcillo (knee). Second-line center Dave Bolland left Friday's game with what coach Joel Quenneville called a lower-body injury after being hit by a stick in the third period. … Calgary is without rookie forward Sven Baertschi (hip) and defenseman Anton Babchuk (back).

Expected In Goal:
Posted Image
(Not yet confirmed as of post time.)

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Your goalie has bailed your balls out of the fire all night. The top paid D man on the team draws a delay of game mid way thru the 3rd. To allow the game tier at 1-1 . The top paid D man needs to grow big balls and undo the mess he put his team in , score the go ahead and not let this go to o/t.

#6 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:19
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's in OT now, thanks to Hossa and 2.1 secs left. And a 4-on-3 for Calgary

#7 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Wow unfrigging believeable , well Hossa earning his keep in a Blackhawk jersey. Duncan Keith just the opposite. A 1-0 lead through 52 minutes , Keith with the stupidass penalty knocking the net off it's moorings , pk lets us down 2nd time this year and it's 1-1. with 34 seconds left hawks fail to clear the zone and it's 2-1. Hawks win the faceoff and with 2 seconds left Hossa scores to bail Duncan keith's balls out of the flames fire. To O/T we go...

#8 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Emery is thinking "Thank fricken god the horn sounded". Calgary was all over him.

To the shootout they go.

#9 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Update ...end of O/T tied 2-2 and off to the shootout...
And now my internet audio feed takes a shit...
I have no TV cause my DTV crapped out Fri night and a week b4 a service agent gets here.
I wish I had a Doobie oh just a couple hits might make it a little more tolerable. Even though I don't smoke the stuff it's sometimes tempting.

#10 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Calgary: Tanguay - miss, Hulder - miss, Cervenka - miss

Chicago: Toews - miss, Kane - goal