Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

White: "I cost my teammates another two points"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

From Pat Hickey for the Gazette

It may be a while before we see Ryan White back in the Canadiens' lineup.

White emerged from purgatory Thursday, but his night turned into a hockey hell as he took a double minor penalty that allowed the Buffalo Sabres to launch a comeback that ended in a 5-4 shootout victory.

"It was unacceptable," said head coach Michel Therrien. "That's the third time he has cost us with undisciplined play."

The last time was last Wednesday in Ottawa when White, whose game is based on being a physical player, took a roughing penalty and then received another two minutes for mouthing off to the referee. The Senators scored twice with White in the box to snap a 1-1 tie and went to a 5-1 win.

White watched the next three games from the penalty box, but an injury to Travis Moen offered him a chance at redemption.

He blew it.

This time around, White took a two-minute roughing penalty and then received another two when he failed to goad Steve Ott into a fight. A 4-2 lead was cut to one goal when Thomas Vanek scored 25 seconds later.

"Obviously, it was a selfish play," White said. "I thought he went kind of low on me and that's what he does. He's a smart player and I reacted in the wrong way. I cost my teammates another two points."

When he was asked whether opponents were taking advantage of his undisciplined play, White replied: "Sure, I'd be doing it, too, Like I say, I don't even know what to say about it."

The rest... just like Maryanne

#2 OFFLINE   DRodger91

DRodger91

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:15
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yeah he did. No need for that.

#3 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,568 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Love seeing Therrien throw his players under a bus.

Stay classy, Les Coach.