|Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:07 PM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:46 PM
This point has been edited by Avsfreak18: 08 February 2013 - 09:47 PM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:43 PM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:16 AM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:16 AM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:35 AM
Dab a little blue and white behind the ears and the wife will let you wear the pants once again.
Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:16 AM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:36 AM
I am having quite a bit of a hockey dilemma and I am searching for some constructive input. I'm not sure if the venue I've chosen is the best place to receive said constructive input, but for the sake of argument lets pretend that it is.
3) My wife loves the Red Wings and her Red Wing fanaticism fits well within my self-prescribed rules of what teams one is allowed to like (explained below).
4) I have lived in Chicago for 20 years and I like the Blackhawks.
5) We have been dating for 3 years and are coming up on our 1 year anniversary on March 3rd.
My wife demands that the Red Wings become the family team and that I throw the Blackhawks to the curb. In addition to throwing the Blackhawks to the curb I am also to show enthusiatic disdain for them in all matches unless they are playing the Avalanche. When they play the Avalanche the Blackhawks are allowed to win.
Consequences for Non-Compliance:
1) My respect for sports will be called into question. This is meaningful because I am pretty big on football.
2) I will lose proper rank as "Doting Husband" and be demoted to "Common Jackass". This is meaningful because I imagine I lose privilege and entitlement to disgraceful levels.
What I have agreed to so far:
1) The Red Wings are the Family Team. I shall choose them over the Blackhawks in any head to head competition.
I think that if all of the sudden I say that I hate the Blackhawks I'll be in conflict with being a sports fan. I really wish that there was a happy medium where I could appreciate both teams whilst favoring the Red Wings. There is not a happy medium at my household though, apparently if you are a Red Wings fan you inherently hate the Blackhawks.
Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:28 PM
Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:32 PM
Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:43 PM
|Goal||Forum||Scored By||Stats||Last Point Info|
Bruins Must Keep Zdeno Chara Out of Penalty Box, Continue Playing Full 60 Minutes to Beat Maple Leafs (Video)
||National Hockey League||hornets0627||
||Colorado Avalanche||The Hockey Writers||