Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Sharks @ Blackhawks ~ 2/15/13

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,394 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Pick Your Winner!

#2 OFFLINE   pucked

pucked

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 Points:
  • Team:
  • Position:Center

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Although I would like to pick the Sharks as winners, I have to say the Blackhawks have the hot hand right now. If the Sharks show some passion, there there is hope.

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of Sharks Fans.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted Image

This point has been edited by pucked: 15 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

#3 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,394 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of Sharks Fans.

lol. There is no Beast without Cruelty.

~-Friedrich Nietzsche

#4 OFFLINE   pucked

pucked

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

lol. There is no Beast without Cruelty.

~-Friedrich Nietzsche

Smart man that Freddie guy.

#5 OFFLINE   AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222

Healthy Scratch

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 146 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is this the game the Blackhawks finally suffer a regulation loss? Their season so far has been so impressive.

This point has been edited by AUTiger7222: 15 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

#6 OFFLINE   Big Chief Tomahawk

Big Chief Tomahawk

Chicago Black Hawks

• General Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Is this the game the Blackhawks finally suffer a regulation loss? Their season so far has been so impressive.

Sure hope not! :angry2:

:smallCHI: LET'S GO HAWKS!!! :smallCHI:

#7 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

February 16, 2013
United Center, Chicago, Illinois

Television:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Radio:
Posted Image
Posted Image

From NHL.com.

Season series: The Blackhawks beat the Sharks, 5-3, in a wild game that saw six goals in the first 12 minutes in their lone previous meeting on Feb. 5 at HP Pavilion.

Big story: The NHL-leading Blackhawks will try to bounce back from a rare loss Tuesday night, but for the Sharks, losers of six in a row, the stakes will be even higher as they look to finally end their stunning skid.

Team Scope:

Sharks: To say the Sharks' season appears to have changed course would be an understatement. After winning seven straight games to start the campaign, San Jose has now dropped its last six outings after a 1-0 overtime loss in Nashville Tuesday night. The Sharks have now fallen out of first place in the Pacific Division, and the situation is in danger of becoming even more tenuous considering the gauntlet of a six-game road trip they're currently on, which features two games against Chicago and a trip to St. Louis.

For the Sharks to stem the tide they'll need to figure out where their offense went. After scoring 23 goals in the first five games of the season, San Jose has just 11 goals in its last eight. Most of that startling decrease can probably be linked to Patrick Marleau, who scored a historic nine goals in the team's explosive start, but has just one goal and one assist since.

Blackhawks: After winning the final four games of a six-game road trip, Chicago appeared set up to roll when it started its seven-game homestand Tuesday night, but with a late goal to force overtime the Anaheim Ducks put an abrupt end to those plans. Anaheim eventually won in the shootout, giving the Blackhawks just their third loss of the season. While goalie Corey Crawford certainly can't be faulted too much -- he still only gave up two goals Tuesday night and has been among the best goalies in the League all season -- he will be getting the night off against San Jose. The team announced Thursday afternoon that backup Ray Emery will get the start.

While the Blackhawks did lose their last time out they still managed to pad their lead in the standings. All three of their losses have all been in the shootout, which means Chicago still has a shot at matching or besting the 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks' mark of 16 games for the longest stretch without a regulation loss to start a season. Considering the next four games are against San Jose, Los Angeles, Vancouver and San Jose again, if the Blackhawks manage to break the record, they'll have earned it.

Who's hot: Despite the Sharks' woes, Antti Niemi has played about as well as a goalie can without getting a win in four games. In his last two starts Niemi stopped 45 of the 46 total shots he faced, and he was not scored on in regulation in three of the starts he's made this month. … Jonathan Toews has two goals and four assists in his last four games for Chicago.

Injury report: Dan Carcillo practiced for Chicago on Thursday for the first time since being placed on IR with a knee injury after the first game of the season. While Carcillo said his knee felt good he is unlikely to return Friday. … Andrew Desjardins was placed on IR for San Jose on Feb. 9 with flu-like symptoms.

Expected In Goal:
Posted Image
(Not yet confirmed as of post time.)

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   HockeyLady82

HockeyLady82

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 287 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

GO SHARKS!

#9 OFFLINE   Cold Steel 2010

Cold Steel 2010

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:21
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Can we see this game free on the internet tonight , I read it's nationally televised , i have no boobtoob with me these days.

BCT as for the 3rd period the other night , there is a bright side , as I did a hard figure in my wee little brain , it occurred to me it was appx 42 to 44 periods of hockey this year before they gave us a glimpe of last years dysfunctional clock watching and unsuccessful protecting of a skimpy little lead.

As now I'll state the dark side ... We still have a dimwitted power play , and a trucker with a ball peen hammer looking for the a guy named Kitchen .

I hope it's another 40+ periods of hockey before we see last years sit back and relax attitude !

#10 OFFLINE   Big Chief Tomahawk

Big Chief Tomahawk

Chicago Black Hawks

• General Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:11
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

BCT as for the 3rd period the other night , there is a bright side , as I did a hard figure in my wee little brain , it occurred to me it was appx 42 to 44 periods of hockey this year before they gave us a glimpe of last years dysfunctional clock watching and unsuccessful protecting of a skimpy little lead.

As now I'll state the dark side ... We still have a dimwitted power play , and a trucker with a ball peen hammer looking for the a guy named Kitchen .

I hope it's another 40+ periods of hockey before we see last years sit back and relax attitude !

While the PP has sputtered, the PK has been exceptional. I love watching them smother teams.

I took Mrs. Chief to the Ducks game Tuesday for an early Valentine. Great 100 level seats on the blue-line. She's obviously a jinx! :whistling:

This point has been edited by Big Chief Tomahawk: 16 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

#11 OFFLINE   AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222

Healthy Scratch

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 146 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

It's a tale of two seasons for the Sharks. 7 game winning streak followed by a 7 game losing streak? That's crazy. And the Hawks just continue to roll! Impressive! And Patrick Kane just keeps getting better.