Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Boston Bruins, 2.15.13

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

The betting window's now open. GDT to come later.

Posted Image

This point has been edited by Erik C.: 16 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Vanek Fan 26

Vanek Fan 26

Enforcer

• Fan
  • PipPip
  • 458 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:4
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image@Posted Image
7-1-2 ------ 3-6-1
7:00 PM EST
NESN/MSG-Buffalo

Season Series

This is the third of five meetings between the Northeast Division foes this season. The Sabres won 7-4 in Boston on Jan. 31; the Bruins got even with a 3-1 win in Buffalo this past Sunday.

Big Story

Can the Bruins keep their six-game road unbeaten streak alive? Or can the Sabres win on home ice for just the second time since opening night?

Team Scopes

Bruins

Tyler Seguin had 29 goals in his second NHL season, and 25 goals in 29 games with Swiss club Biel during the lockout, so the third-year forward certainly knows how to put the puck in the net. So despite scoring just two goals in his first 11 NHL games this season -- and one of those was an empty-netter -- he said he's not worried.

"I know eventually that a couple will go in and I'll go on a roll," Seguin told CSNNE.com. "I just need to stay with it and bear down."

Coach Claude Julien said it's a matter of Seguin "pushing himself" to get more pucks in the net.

"We know we can get more out of him," Julien told CSNNE.com. "It's a matter of pushing him and it's a matter of him pushing himself. He hasn't been a poor player, but I think there is more that's expected of him. I think there's more that he can give us."

Sabres

With just two wins in their last seven games and a 12th-place spot in the Eastern Conference standings, Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said it's on him to fix the problems ailing his team.

"It is on me," he told reporters. "I understand that. This is on me to clean it up."

Ruff is trying to stay positive, and that attitude has spread to the players.

"The attitude of the players has been awesome," he said. "The attitude of the players on the ice today was great. The way we went into the Ottawa game [a 2-0 loss Tuesday] was great. We're disappointed. Do we need to be harder in some situations? Yes. We didn't quite finish a couple plays we need to finish. Some of them were offensively, some of them were defensively.

"The team will feed off my energy. I came in here, we had a couple good meetings. We talked about things we have to get going a little bit better, talked about getting the team in the right mood today and that's up to me."

Who's Hot

Buffalo's Thomas Vanek, the League's leading scorer, has done well this season against the Bruins, with three goals (on just five shots) and two assists in two games.

Team Leaders

Bruins

Goals: Brad Marchand - 7
Assists: David Krejci - 7
+/-: Tyler Seguin - 8

GAA: Anton Khudobin - 2.00
SV%: Anton Khudobin - .931
Wins: Tuukka Rask - 6

Sabres

Goals: Thomas Vanek - 11
Assists: Thomas Vanek - 12
+/-: Thomas Vanek/Alexander Sulzer - 4