Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Bourque quickly erasing old Bourque

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

From Pat Hickey for the Gazette

The new Rene Bourque is making everyone forget the old Rene Bourque.

Bourque was a disappointment after joining the Canadiens at mid-season a year ago, but he continued his solid play Thursday night as he scored the winning goal in overtime to give the Canadiens a 1-0 win over the Florida Panthers.

“It was a nice feeling,” Bourque said. “We had some chances earlier, but it was one of those games where it was hard to get any quality scoring opportunities. The guys played hard and it was good solid defensive effort.”

Bourque said the defensive tone of the game all but assured “it was one of those ugly goals that was going to get the job done” and he was right.

“It was kind of a broken 2-on-1,” said Bourque, who went to the net to redirect a pass from rookie Alex Galchenyuk. “The puck was bouncing all night, the ice was really bad; I was just was trying to come to a stop and let him come to me. I don’t even know whether I hit it out of the air or it was on the ice.”

The rest... just like Maryanne