Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Iginla Shrugs Off Buddy's Criticism

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,695 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

He also knew of the common theory suggesting his subsequent fight Wednesday — his first of the year — was a direct response to said critique.

That he made the rare decision to decline all media requests following the game only added fuel to that speculation.

Speaking Friday for the first time since the incident, the 35-year-old captain set the record straight when asked point-blank how he felt about his former locker-mate’s thoughts.

“He’s a buddy I played with and know — he has a job to do and can state his opinion,” said the ever-diplomatic Iginla before making something very clear.

“I don’t agree with it. But after that, you go and play. I don’t put too much stock in it. You do get thicker skin playing here. There’s a lot of good things about playing in a Canadian market, and every year there are articles about tough stretches. I have no complaints — it’s part of it if you are not winning. Part of my job is to produce. When you lose those one-goal games and you are not producing, there’s more scrutiny.”

Read more from Eric Francis