Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GDT: Winnipeg Jets vs. Boston Bruins, 2.17.13

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

February 17, 2013
MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Television:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Radio:
Posted Image
Posted Image

From NHL.com.

Season series: This is the second of three meetings. The Bruins earned a 2-1 shootout victory against the Jets on Jan. 21 at TD Garden.

Big story: After opening the month of February with three straight victories in which they allowed only two total goals, the Bruins enter Sunday’s action trying to avoid a three-game skid. Winnipeg finds itself in the same predicament, coming off back-to-back losses against Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Team scope:

Bruins: Sunday marks the second of a five-game road trip for the Bruins, as they dropped a 4-2 decision at Buffalo on Friday night. Boston held a 2-1 lead after 40 minutes, but surrendered three third-period goals en route to its second straight defeat. The Bruins entered Friday’s action having allowed five goals in the third period all season.

"We didn't look desperate. We looked kind of flat and it's unacceptable for this team," forward Rich Peverley said. "We pride ourselves on being good in the third period, especially with the lead. We didn't play well enough."

Jets: Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has historically played well against Winnipeg, and Friday night was no different. Fleury was sensational in a 25-save performance as the Jets suffered a 3-1 loss at the MTS Centre. With the victory, Fleury improved to 15-5-0 against the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise. Jets captain Andrew Ladd spoiled Fleury’s shutout bid with just 1:35 remaining in the third period.

Winnipeg has now lost three of its last four games and is just 3-4-0 on home ice this season, having dropped three straight in regulation at MTS Centre.

"I thought we battled hard," said defenseman Zach Bogosian, who made his season debut Friday night. "I'm not going to be one to tell other guys if they had an 'A' game or not. I thought we had a lot better effort than last game (a 3-2 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday)."

Who’s hot: Bruins forward Brad Marchand leads the club with seven goals. He has two in his last three games. … Ladd has four goals in his last four contests. He leads Winnipeg with seven goals in 13 games.

Injury report: Marc Savard (post-concussion syndrome) is out long-term for Boston … Winnipeg is expected to be without goaltender Al Montoya (lower body) and forward Antti Miettinen (upper body).

Expected In Goal:
Posted Image

Posted Image

(Neither have been confirmed as of post time.)

This point has been edited by Erik C.: 18 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

#2 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:19
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

As long as they don't have any further "brain farts" on defense, the Bruins should have this one with little problem.

#3 OFFLINE   datsun260z

datsun260z

Injury Call Up

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 48 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:13
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

I suspect another loss for Winnipeg. The dominoes should start to really fall soon, one can only hope. :whistling:

You might wonder why I say this but I see not use in winning two, feeling great about ourselves then losing three. :disgust1: I have no interest in that, I have only one interest now and that is getting to the bottom of what is wrong in Winnipeg. Cause something most certainly is. If I told you that your team would have Pavelec, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Kane, Little, Ladd, Wheeler and even a young star like Burmistrov would you think that core group should be a part of a "BAD" team? There is something very wrong in Winnipeg and it starts with the coaching staff. If you can't get your roster on the same page after almost two years...you've got trouble. I've said it before, I don't like the Pearn hiring. And I don't like what seems to be Noel's "systemless" system. I don't like the teams commitment either. Not to themselves nor one another. The time for major bomb dropping is now. Ten more games of tripe and we should see more of the truth.

Kane to Col for O'Reilly straight up anyone? :whistling: :woot: This team needs a future #1 center desperately (Scheifele...keep dreaming :bad: ) and they don't need a locker room cancer like Kane. In fact, move Kane out of the picture and I think you'd be well on your way to getting to the root of Winnipeg's issues.

As for the game today. IF, and that's a big IF the Jets can stay on the same page as a four line group for and ENTIRE 60 mins they will give Boston fits. This wont happen, so, all Boston really needs to do is stay the course and be patient and the game should be done by the end of the second period.

Z

#4 OFFLINE   DRodger91

DRodger91

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:15

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Bruins!

#5 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

We be updated.

#6 OFFLINE   HockeyLady82

HockeyLady82

Scrub

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 293 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

GO BRUINS!

#7 OFFLINE   stlbluesfan4ever

stlbluesfan4ever

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

GO BRUINS!!!

#8 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Milan Lucic didn't make the trip - not injury related.

:smallBOS:GO GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!:smallBOS:

Full 60 minute performance tonight? Hope so!

#9 OFFLINE   erniebear

erniebear

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

A game of inches.

THREE STARS

1) A. Burmistrov, WPG

2) B. Marchard, BOS

3) E. Kane, WPG

#10 OFFLINE   AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222

Healthy Scratch

• Fan
  • Pip
  • 146 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I suspect another loss for Winnipeg. The dominoes should start to really fall soon, one can only hope. :whistling:

You might wonder why I say this but I see not use in winning two, feeling great about ourselves then losing three. :disgust1: I have no interest in that, I have only one interest now and that is getting to the bottom of what is wrong in Winnipeg. Cause something most certainly is. If I told you that your team would have Pavelec, Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Kane, Little, Ladd, Wheeler and even a young star like Burmistrov would you think that core group should be a part of a "BAD" team? There is something very wrong in Winnipeg and it starts with the coaching staff. If you can't get your roster on the same page after almost two years...you've got trouble. I've said it before, I don't like the Pearn hiring. And I don't like what seems to be Noel's "systemless" system. I don't like the teams commitment either. Not to themselves nor one another. The time for major bomb dropping is now. Ten more games of tripe and we should see more of the truth.

Kane to Col for O'Reilly straight up anyone? :whistling: :woot: This team needs a future #1 center desperately (Scheifele...keep dreaming :bad: ) and they don't need a locker room cancer like Kane. In fact, move Kane out of the picture and I think you'd be well on your way to getting to the root of Winnipeg's issues.

As for the game today. IF, and that's a big IF the Jets can stay on the same page as a four line group for and ENTIRE 60 mins they will give Boston fits. This wont happen, so, all Boston really needs to do is stay the course and be patient and the game should be done by the end of the second period.

Z

I feel you're pain. I have seen this exact same thing from the Jets/Thrashers franchise for year. Year after year of under performance but a lot of that had to do with the idiot that used to run the Thrashers, Don Waddell. Once he got out of the picture in the Thrashers last season they finally showed improvement on the ice. Rick Dudley and Craig Ramsey finally had the franchise heading in the right direction and the new Winnipeg owners fired them because they wanted to hire their own guys and we are seeing how much of a mistake that is. Also I'm starting to get the feeling that they'll never win with Evander Kane. Move him now while he still has some value, don't wait until his value is next to nothing. This team has just way too much talent to be this inconsistent and bad. One game the offense plays get but the defense is terrible and then the next game the defense is great and the offense is terrible.

This point has been edited by AUTiger7222: 18 February 2013 - 11:26 PM