Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Devils recall Andrei Loktionov from Albany, assign Jacob Josefson to Albany

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rattler_*

Guest_Rattler_*

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

NHLTransactions: NEW JERSEY DEVILS: Recalled center Andrei Loktionov from Albany (AHL); assigned forward Jacob Josefson to Albany. http://t.co/1knmB7uW

This point has been edited by Erik C.: 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

#2 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Jacob’s just not playing the way he was playing. Not that he’s doing anything wrong, but whenever you have the ability when someone’s game maybe slipped a little to send a player to the minors, especially a young player, to get their game back it’s what you do.

The unfortunate thing is it almost looks like you’re singling out somebody, which you’re not. It’s just that with some players you can’t do that. You have to leave them here because they don’t have the ability to be sent down. In Jacob’s case, I go back to Bruin game and he was our best forward. He’s just slipped a little. So, we’re just going to get him down there and get his confidence back if that’s the word and he’ll be back before you know it. Plus, Loktionov has been playing extremely well and deserves to get there and get an opportunity.

These are decisions you make. It’s not for effort or any of that. It’s just that his game slipped a little.

From F&I

#3 OFFLINE   Erik C.

Erik C.

100 Point Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,842 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:50
  • Position:Center

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I think Jake – Lou said it best – needs to go back down and find his game and some confidence again. He’s definitely not the reason that our play has dropped off in the last week, but we talked about the condensed schedule and the number of games and fresh legs and he’s a guy that will come back and be able to help us more having gone through this.

Also from F&I

#4 OFFLINE   thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Trade Bait

• Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:2
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

I feel bad for Jo. He worked so hard and played tremendously in the first few weeks. I really wish he had scored against Washington or Boston, he deserved one. I'm not mistaken recalling he didn't score before he was sent down?

#5 OFFLINE   kmart890

kmart890

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:73
  • Position:Right Wing

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

I feel bad for Jo. He worked so hard and played tremendously in the first few weeks. I really wish he had scored against Washington or Boston, he deserved one. I'm not mistaken recalling he didn't score before he was sent down?

I don't think he scored.  Maybe an assist, but I don't think so.

Like said, he just needs to get his confidence back.  It seems he's letting his drought really get to him.  I thought he has been doing great, especially on the PK.