Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Trade Yandle? Nah.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,275 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:1
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Our house is a Yandle house. Trading Keith Yandle (All-Star defenseman for the Phoenix Coyotes) isn’t something we’re fans of around here. That said, I understand the trade chatter that has been surrounding Yands since before he signed his “big” contract. The Yandle “chip” is great trade bait for some scoring firepower that GM Don Maloney is certainly willing and able to use for the right return.

Dammit Yandle
Yandle.jpg

Keith Yandle

The dammit Yandle factor is probably the highest thing on most naysayers TY (Trade Yandle) list, whether they admit it or not. Because I have eyes that function, I have uttered those words (and worse) myself on more occasions than I’m happy with. Nearly every time, the forehead slapping play is a turnover in a dangerous area. Whether it results in a goal or an apology to the goalie from Yands, it’s pretty aggravating.

More!

#2 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,275 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

"And, as we found out Wednesday on the Roc and Manuch show, a couple of Keith’s uncles are the “Hoppah” guys in the commercial. So that’s a wicked pissah."

That's awesome! :lol: 

#3 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,567 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm not sure I like the Coyotes' forwards long term. If you could give up a guy like Yandle for a blue chipper up front, you'd be set with OEL back there.

Kinda like trading Luke Schenn for JVR, but maybe on a grander scale. One area of excess for an area of need.

#4 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,275 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I'm not sure I like the Coyotes' forwards long term. If you could give up a guy like Yandle for a blue chipper up front, you'd be set with OEL back there.

Kinda like trading Luke Schenn for JVR, but maybe on a grander scale. One area of excess for an area of need.

I can't disagree with that logic.

#5 OFFLINE   52G228PIM1996-97

52G228PIM1996-97

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

No..

Next..

#6 OFFLINE   **LS**

**LS**

Atlantic Division

• Commissioner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,567 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:40
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

No..

Next..

Big fan, are you?

#7 OFFLINE   52G228PIM1996-97

52G228PIM1996-97

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Big fan, are you?

I'm not big on regression.. A lot of people have Yandle derangement syndrome and don't even try to be reasonable, it's really strange and bolsters the thinking Phoenix fans are witless..

I say we keep the Riverboat Gambler and see how things shake out.. Thank you very much..

#8 OFFLINE   52G228PIM1996-97

52G228PIM1996-97

Checker

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Where would we be without his timely saves..

#9 OFFLINE   dadevilscoyotes22

dadevilscoyotes22

Coach's Doghouse

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:22
  • Position:Right Defense

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

I agree with 52G.... Wait did I just say that? :lol: jk... Many people are laying blame on the wrong guy this year. It isn't just Yandle it is all the players that are making mistakes. Look at last night against the Flames in the last 2 minutes. Two hugely blown coverages that cost us goals. Was it Yandle's fault for not sitting on the bench tight enough because it wasn't his shift? Just saying.

#10 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,275 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I agree with 52G.... Wait did I just say that? :lol: jk... Many people are laying blame on the wrong guy this year. It isn't just Yandle it is all the players that are making mistakes. Look at last night against the Flames in the last 2 minutes. Two hugely blown coverages that cost us goals. Was it Yandle's fault for not sitting on the bench tight enough because it wasn't his shift? Just saying.

I'm not blaming anybody. Win as a team, lose as a team.  It is possible for a player to be on the bench yet what he did 5, 10, 15, etc minutes before leaving the ice is what directly relates to a goal against. I'm not saying that's what happened in this situation because after years of rewinding every away game goal against to track down the exact thing that triggered the sequence that led up to the goal against...I just don't care anymore. lol Not my job...I leave it up to the video review guys and coaches.

#11 OFFLINE   HockeyKate30

HockeyKate30

Injured Reserve

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:30

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yeah not sure why Yandle gets threatened to be on the trading block for. He was in the top offensive defensemen list last year, one our best dmen last year and so far this year. I just dont even get it. Everyone has their mistakes and moments. Every one on our team does. Should we trade them all for it? If we did, Smitty would be gone for some of the goal he gave up the past 2 games.

#12 OFFLINE   CoyoteQ

CoyoteQ

1st Team All Star

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,275 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Yeah not sure why Yandle gets threatened to be on the trading block for. He was in the top offensive defensemen list last year, one our best dmen last year and so far this year. I just dont even get it. Everyone has their mistakes and moments. Every one on our team does. Should we trade them all for it? If we did, Smitty would be gone for some of the goal he gave up the past 2 games.

Any reason for trading would be to do it while a player has a higher market value and for the reasons L.S. stated above.  You can't give away crap and expect something that good in return...and yes...we should trade them all. lmao