Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sean Avery

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

sounds like Dallas is ready to get rid of him. he doesn't even deserve to be suspended in the first place, but if he's made available, I'd love it if he was brought here. the Wild could use a little ball of hate running around. Avery, Clutterbuck, and Koivu would be fun as hell. Avery, Clutterbuck, and Pouliot would be fun. Koivu, Miettinen, and Avery would be a blast.

If Jacques could get him to act less like a clown and more like a player, my guess is Avery would be a .6-.75 point a game player. No reason Sean shouldn't be able to put up 55 points or so every year. He has the talent, he just needs Ritalin.

#2 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Only if its via trade, and we get MG.

This point has been edited by addulous: 05 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

#3 Guest_Patty_*

Guest_Patty_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

Ack. Hell to the NO for Avery.

But hey, we picked up Chris Simon. So I wouldn't put it past the Wild.

:disgust1:

#4 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:33
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

Ya know, I wouldn't mind Avery on the Avs either, as long as the players could stand him. He's clearly been a bad fit for Dallas, and there's really no guarantee that his presence won't have a devastating effect in the locker room. But as long as him doing his thing (which seems to include at least one giant bonehead move a season) doesn't piss the shit outta everyone on your own team he is a good fit for any team.

#5 Guest_addulous_*

Guest_addulous_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

Ya know, I wouldn't mind Avery on the Avs either, as long as the players could stand him. He's clearly been a bad fit for Dallas, and there's really no guarantee that his presence won't have a devastating effect in the locker room. But as long as him doing his thing (which seems to include at least one giant bonehead move a season) doesn't piss the shit outta everyone on your own team he is a good fit for any team.

dude...

DUDE...

I would KILL to see Darcy Tucker and Sean Avery on the same team. It would please me to watch that one blow up.

#6 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

dude...

DUDE...

I would KILL to see Darcy Tucker and Sean Avery on the same team. It would please me to watch that one blow up.

:disgust1: It'd make for some interesting games, that's for sure.

#7 OFFLINE   pantsboyusa

pantsboyusa

20 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:37
  • Position:Center

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

there is no chance in hell of the wild acquiring avery, thank FSM! i think DR learned his lesson with the simon move. we are very forgiving fans, but we will take a stand against assholes.

#8 OFFLINE   Avsfreak18

Avsfreak18

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:81
  • Position:Left Wing

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

no avery in colorado please

there is no gray area on our team between skill and tough

#9 Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

there is no chance in hell of the wild acquiring avery, thank FSM! i think DR learned his lesson with the simon move. we are very forgiving fans, but we will take a stand against assholes.

Avery is a player, Simon is a brain dead idiot. they are not the same player by any stretch of the imagination.

#10 Guest_Patty_*

Guest_Patty_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

Avery is a player, Simon is a brain dead idiot. they are not the same player by any stretch of the imagination.

I regularly question the intelligence of Sean Avery.

#11 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

no avery in colorado please

there is no gray area on our team between skill and tough

:lol2:
The Avs have always had pests, from Lemieux to Lappy, now Tucker, the Codys...

#12 Guest_ntrlhattrick_*

Guest_ntrlhattrick_*

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

Avery is not a player.

Avery is a loud mouthed, cowardly, mediocre EXCUSE for a player that is nothing but a poison. Any team that picks him up after all of this deserves what they will get, and thats nothing but trouble and bad media

#13 OFFLINE   Avsfreak18

Avsfreak18

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

:lol2:
The Avs have always had pests, from Lemieux to Lappy, now Tucker, the Codys...

lol are you implying that lappy is nolonger with us hahahaha

and im taking about the average player.... we got our skilled, we got our tough, we dont have a middle ground

#14 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

This year's team has more guys in the middle ground than any other Avs team before it! :lol2:

#15 OFFLINE   Avsfreak18

Avsfreak18

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

This year's team has more guys in the middle ground than any other Avs team before it! :lol2:

dunno what team you are looking at lol

#16 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:17 PM

I'm looking at the team with Ian Laperriere, Cody McCormick, Cody Mcleod, Darcy Tucker, Per Ledin (even though he's in Erie right now), Brian Willsie, Brett Clark, Tyler Arnason... what Avs team has had more guys in the middle than the one we have this year?

#17 OFFLINE   Avsfreak18

Avsfreak18

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,683 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

I'm looking at the team with Ian Laperriere, Cody McCormick, Cody Mcleod, Darcy Tucker, Per Ledin (even though he's in Erie right now), Brian Willsie, Brett Clark, Tyler Arnason... what Avs team has had more guys in the middle than the one we have this year?

i consider Lappy, Cody Mc's, and Tucker in erie

Clark is one of our better Dmen imo

Arny isnt acting like a middle player, he is trying to be a superstar and it hurts him....

willsie is the only middle player we have

#18 OFFLINE   Tashimojo

Tashimojo

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,330 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

i consider Lappy, Cody Mc's, and Tucker in erie

Clark is one of our better Dmen imo

Arny isnt acting like a middle player, he is trying to be a superstar and it hurts him....

willsie is the only middle player we have

Clark is our worst Dman! He has more turnovers than anyone on the team, that's why he's got so many blocked shots... he gives the other team the puck in our zone and then tries to block their shot.

#19 Guest_ThomasTomasz_*

Guest_ThomasTomasz_*

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

sounds like Dallas is ready to get rid of him. he doesn't even deserve to be suspended in the first place, but if he's made available, I'd love it if he was brought here. the Wild could use a little ball of hate running around. Avery, Clutterbuck, and Koivu would be fun as hell. Avery, Clutterbuck, and Pouliot would be fun. Koivu, Miettinen, and Avery would be a blast.

If Jacques could get him to act less like a clown and more like a player, my guess is Avery would be a .6-.75 point a game player. No reason Sean shouldn't be able to put up 55 points or so every year. He has the talent, he just needs Ritalin.

And then, when his antics cause someone like Gaborik or Koivu to be targeted and injured, you'll blame the person who hit the player instead of the root of the problem, Avery.

If it weren't for scum like him, the NHL wouldn't have much of a need for enforcers.

#20 Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Guest_InvisibleMan_*

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

And then, when his antics cause someone like Gaborik or Koivu to be targeted and injured, you'll blame the person who hit the player instead of the root of the problem, Avery.

If it weren't for scum like him, the NHL wouldn't have much of a need for enforcers.

wrong, if it weren't for scum like Boogaard, Cooke, Cote, and Burish, the league would be better off, but they don't even need enforcers right now.