Welcome to The NHL Arena

Welcome to The NHL Arena, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The NHL Arena by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WNBA

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:27
  • Position:Left Defense

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Tulsa's new WNBA franchise will keep their name, and for the most part, the logo. There'll be a slight change in colours, as they'll be using a variation of the Shock's original colours.

Read on.

Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:04 AM

Guess who just made history by signing the first ever Belarusian player?

Read on!

#43 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

Coco Miller's sister has signed with the Dream.

I've been waiting for this to happen. Kelly is a great set-up player, and Coco is one of Atlanta's best free-throwers. She doesn't get a lot of time per game, but she should get time with Kelly.
I've seen them play together, they have some kind of freak-of-nature twin 6th sense going on. It is the weirdest thing you could ever see, and I think they make each other better players.

#44 Guest_Commie2 aka Tony_*

Guest_Commie2 aka Tony_*

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

wait there is a professional womens league?

#45 Guest_Angry Israeli_*

Guest_Angry Israeli_*

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

Coco Miller's sister has signed with the Dream.

I've been waiting for this to happen. Kelly is a great set-up player, and Coco is one of Atlanta's best free-throwers. She doesn't get a lot of time per game, but she should get time with Kelly.
I've seen them play together, they have some kind of freak-of-nature twin 6th sense going on. It is the weirdest thing you could ever see, and I think they make each other better players.

:lol2: @ "freak-of-nature 6th sense." I heard about how well they work together when they played in Turkey a few years ago. I'll be sure to check them out in ATL when I get the chance. I'm sure my work schedule won't conflict too much.

And Commie2... yes, it's called the WNBA.

A lot of the players go to other countries during the offseason, some of which come to Israel. This year, none of them joined Hapoel Tel Aviv (my fav), but still, they make things more interesting here. I like supporting them when they play in the WNBA during our offseason. I don't really have a favorite team, I just like watching talented women playing good basketball games!
I'm a fan of our men's team also, but what can I say, I'm a basketball nut! (as long as hockey doesn't interfere, in which case it always comes first. :yes: )

#46 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:10 AM

WNBA legend Cynthia Cooper was recently inducted into the Basketball Hall Of Fame, along with one of my favourite NBA'ers, Scottie Pippen.

Yeah.

#47 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:45 AM

Washington's Alana Beard will miss the entire 2010 season thanks to an ankle injury.

#48 OFFLINE   Foehammer

Foehammer

Sophomore Slump

• Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

I work for the dream. :/

#49 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

It's WNBA prediction time!

#50 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Day one of the 2010 WNBA season was a success! Well from where I'm sitting, it was. The ATL Dream defeated the San Antonio Silver Stars, 75-70. Izaine Castro-Marquez and Erika DeSouzza were particularly awesome.

Only problem is, Chamique Holdsclaw didn't play. Word is she's requested a trade.
When Chamique signed with Atlanta,she made it clear that she wasn't interested in starting. She just wanted to give them veteran leadership,and help take them to the next level. She saw that they needed a finisher,and that's what she wanted to be for them. It probably is her personal issues that are affecting her.
I really hope she won't leave Atlanta. She's done so much for them, why throw all that away? Not to mention she's the one who got me into the WNBA in the first place. I don't know what exactly the problem it is, but I really hope it can be resolved quickly and painlessly, and she can get back onto the court.

This point has been edited by tk90: 21 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

#51 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

The Atlanta Dream defeated the Phoenix Mercury, 96-93. Atlanta is undefeated, going 5-0-0 in their best start of their franchise history. They are the only undefeated team remaining this season.

#52 OFFLINE   Foehammer

Foehammer

Sophomore Slump

• Fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 Points:
  • Team:
  • Number:7
  • Position:Goaltender

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

AWESOME! What do you do?

The Phoenix Mercury beat the Indiana Fever (120-116) in game 1 of the finals. A great game played by both sides, it was one hell of a hard-fought game. I have a feeling this is going to take all 5 games to end. I can't wait for the next game!

Run their specialty game lights.

#53 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

Ah this sucks... The Ultimate WNBA Road Trip contest is open only to fans 21 or older, for reasons I really don't know. And once again my hopes of attending a WNBA game (not to mention winning something) are destroyed.

Oh well. At least there's still LiveAccess.

Onto actual WNBA news... the Dream lost to the Seattle Storm last night, but they did last the longest with an undefeated record this season. They were 6-0 before that game. They'll try to go 7-1 against Chicago (2-4) on friday.

#54 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Sylvia Fowles scored 13 of her 23 points in the third quarter and the U.S. national team beat the WNBA All-Stars 99-72 on Saturday in this year's version of the league's midseason showcase.

Candice Dupree and Swin Cash had 13 points apiece, UConn senior Maya Moore added 12 and Angel McCoughtry 11 for the U.S. Fowles shot 9 for 11 from the field and grabbed eight rebounds, earning the game's MVP award.

Recap and box score.

This was a sweet game. I'm particularly proud of Angel McCoughtry. +19, 11 points, 3 assists, she represented the Atlanta Deam well and should have been a starter. Izaine Castro-Marques did okay also. 2 points, 2 rebounds, an assist.

Great game played by both sides.

This point has been edited by tk90: 10 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

#55 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:21 PM

The final weekend of the regular season is upon us. Some teams have had a playoff spot locked up for days or, in Seattle's case, weeks now. Trying to gain home-court advantage and close out strong is the M.O. for postseason-bound teams.

I witnessed a bit of a dilemma heading into the final Power Rankings installment of the season. Initially I was tempted to just keep Seattle as a lock in the No. 1 spot, call it a day and move on to predicting my playoff matchups. However, I started to question whether I could justifiably give the honor to the New York Liberty. As winners in 10 straight games, the Liberty has put together one heck of a run late in the season to not only guarantee a spot in the playoffs but also, potentially, claim home-court advantage throughout the Eastern Conference. But the key word in that equation was "justifiably." Is the Seattle Storm playing with the same tenacity at this stage of the game that they exhibited earlier in the season? No. But the even more pertinent question is: Do they have to? Again, that's a solid no in my book. Seattle's option to rest starters wouldn't even be a consideration at this point in the season if they didn't fire out of the gate and completely dominate over the first few months.

Therefore, I couldn't come to terms with giving the Liberty a promotion to the No. 1 spot, if only because there's no telling what Seattle's record would be right now if the starters were still taking to the court to play at the same level they were playing at back in June and July.

Final power rankings.

#56 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Conference semifinal schedule.

Additional scheduling information will be furnished as soon as possible.

#57 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

The Atlanta Dream and New York Liberty played a hell of a game 2, and in the end, ATL, in their first Conference Final in franchise history, will advance to the WNBA FINALS, for the first time in franchise history. I am so proud of this team! The only thing that sucks is that I live in St. Louis, so i cna't be at Phillips Arena for the madness.

Game recap.

The Finals will be between the Atlanta Dream and Seattle Storm. The finals schedule will be released soon.

#58 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

The Atlanta Dream gave it their all, but it wasn't meant to be. The Seattle Storm swept everyone in their path to become the 2010 WNBA Champions. Both teams played so well, much, much respect to each and everyone on the Dream and Storm. Thanks for everything! BUT... the Dream will be back... 2011 Champs, anyone?

Game recap.

This point has been edited by tk90: 16 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

#59 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

NEW YORK -- Donna Orender is stepping down as president of the WNBA at the end of the year to launch her own independent marketing, media and strategy company.

The former PGA Tour executive has been in charge of the women's league since 2005, and was instrumental in negotiating an eight-year extension of the league's television rights contracts that ensured up to 30 games would be shown annually on ABC and ESPN2. She also negotiated a six-year contract extension with the league's players association that ensured labor peace.

Source.

#60 OFFLINE   tk90

tk90

50 Goal Scorer

• Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,102 Points:
  • Team:

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

The Tulsa Shock signed four-time WNBA Champion Sheryl Swoopes, welcoming her back to the WNBA after a two-year hiatus.

Swoopes is one of the most decorated players in the 15-year history of the WNBA. To go along with her four championships, Swoopes has been named the Most Valuable Player three times (2000, 2002, 2005) and Defensive Player of the Year on three occasions (2000, 2002, 2003).

Swoopes brings career averages of 15.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.2 steals a game to the Tulsa Shock as well as a wealth of playoff experience.

Source.

This point has been edited by tk90: 28 March 2011 - 01:14 PM